Annies Attic Mystery Series Book Club

luckybmr

Im up to book 5 and really enjoying the series.

The books are made exceptionaly well, the binding opens fully and is bound beautifully. And has a built in satin ribbon bookmark.

The stories are cozy mysteries and you get to know the characters and town etc. They are a nice, relaxing easy read.

Each book is written by a different author but they are doing a nice job.

I enjoy them and look forward to recieving them every few weeks.

I just received book #6 and have kept the subscription going as once in awhile I like a very quick read. All have been just that. Also, they are well put together. The stories keep you interested, LYS related and the main character crochets but not much is mentioned in the story. The reader can easily "see" what the coast of Maine looks like in her little town. I will rpobably keep up with it for awhile, until I get tried of paying $20 for a short story. LOL

• 3 months later...

I'm on book 5 or 6 also. Don't remember exactly because I pass them on to another member here when I'm done.

If I am correct, every book even thought it's the same story line with the same characters is done by a different author.

• 3 months later...

Hi all - I've never done this before but couldn't help but comment - I got the annies attic book "the lady in the attic" - I'm almost finished with it and have gotten the 2nd in the series -- I love the first one - it is well written and has a good mystery going - plus I like that it has a "good" theme (no language etc) not sure about the 2nd as it is written by another author but hopefully they will keep the same style and quality of writing in all the books. with shipping the 2nd one came to $18.94 so thats a little steep but have't decided if I'm going to keep it - want to scan and see if the writing is good first. hope this was helpful GRAMMAMA

In the February issue of Crochet World there is an advertisment and mail in post card for a new Annies Attic Mystery Series Book Club. First book is called "The Lady In The Attic" and the books are created especially for crafters.

Did anyone see this? Has anyone already subscribed and received the first book? What is it like?

I am interested in subscribing, but would like a little more information first and there is nothing in the new issue of the Annies Attic Catalog, their website or Crochet World's website....or at least I can't find any other information on it.

• 4 months later...

I have been a subscriber to these books for many months. They are very good mysteries and they are about a group of ladies that meet weekly for chats and to work on their crafts. It is in a small town and you get to know most of the people there. When I get a new book, I finish it very fast, because it is so good you do not want to stop reading until you find out what happens. I can't wait until I get the next book each month. If you like crafts and mysteries, you will love this series!

• 7 months later...

I've been reading every book in this series, as soon as my local library gets it! (I can't afford to buy each one--they're already up to #16 or #17!!) I'm really amazed that, although each one is written by a different author, they manage to keep the same threads going! I'd love to know how they do that! Did they give each author an outline??? These are not books for those who prefer to figure out life's mysteries, or anything deep--they are just for pure enjoyment! I love the pictures they paint in my mind of Annie's Queen Anne house in Maine, and the beautiful little town they are in! I admire Annie Dawson, the main character, for her morals and the way she tries to help everyone, and manages to make so many people happy! And there's even a little romance going on (although Annie is the first one to deny that!).

Does anyone agree with me? Or do you disagree that it's a great series?

I have been interested in this series since it was first announced but could not afford to subscribe to it. I did think about looking at my local used book store to buy each one. But since I am also trying to eliminate clutter in my house, I did not want to do that either. Thank you Avon Lady/Collette for posting that you have been checking these books out from your local library. I did not think about checking at my local library. Now I will. Even if I can't get them at my local library, I can have my library request them from another library that does have them. Whoopee!!!! What fun I will have this summer when I don't feel like cleaning out clutter or crocheting.

Archived