Any ideas??

My husband and I went to his grandparents house for Thanksgiving this year and his Grammy gave me a huge garbage bag full of yarn that she had. I love all the yarn, but most of it is old and not enough to make an afghan and doesn't match anything that I have. I love the yarn and really want to use it!!!

Any ideas on what I can use it for?

Thanks!

Haley

That is a good idea. I have a scrap afghan going right now out of my leftovers. I will ethier add the yarn from her to that blanket, or start on a whole new one. Thanks for the idea!

since its really old....use it for animals at your local shelter. the animals don't care if its old, lumpy, has a mistake or has some holes!!!! they just know its soft and comforts them, as they lay on those cold hard cages. please give this some thought. ANY SIZE is welcome,

Tissue box covers, tp covers, slippers, kitchen hanging towels, hats, scarves, pincushions, hot pads, plastic bags holders, mesh shooping bags, magnets, etc.........can you tell I like nolvety items!

:2rock

post-4787-135897479876_thumb.jpg

Since it's a garbage bag full, you should be able to stay busy for quite some time with the ideas the others have given you. You may want to consider donating a few skeins to your local elementary school. This week my daughter's class is learning how to finger-knit, and because I couldn't go into the school as one of the volunteer helpers, I donated some of my yarn that had been gifted to me over the years. (Read into that: the old stuff of various odd colors with actual price tags that we'd consider a steal today.) My daughter's art teacher was happy to accept the donation.

Since it's a garbage bag full, you should be able to stay busy for quite some time with the ideas the others have given you. You may want to consider donating a few skeins to your local elementary school. This week my daughter's class is learning how to finger-knit, and because I couldn't go into the school as one of the volunteer helpers, I donated some of my yarn that had been gifted to me over the years. (Read into that: the old stuff of various odd colors with actual price tags that we'd consider a steal today.) My daughter's art teacher was happy to accept the donation.

I think thats a really good idea. I live right next to an Army base so I think I will drop some by there. I am also using some of it for a ripple blanket for myself. I have been crocheting for s long and have only made myself a scarf and two purses!

Archived