Lana's Cat Sweater

DesertCrocheter

My little kitty Lana is probably about 15 years old, and winters are hard on her. Her little paws are so cold you can feel it through your clothes when she sits on your lap. So I made her a little sweater. The first one in pink used the Candy Corn sweater pattern, but since Lana is half the size of the small, even though I tried to adjust the pattern it was far too large for her. So I modified it a bit, made it longer in the back, and wider under the stomach. The yarn is CSS in a light green. And she likes it. She doen't freak out when I pull it over her head, nor does she sit therescratching at it to get it off. I'm going to make her a couple more. THanks for looking at my sweet old girl.

post-186-135897476062_thumb.jpg

I love your kitty sweater, and Lana is beautiful. I am glad she likes her sweater so much, and hopefully she will feel much warmer. My two kitties (female is 10, male is 8) always have cold paws in the winter because we have hardwood floors, so I know what you mean about cold kitty paws. We combat chilly kitties with a heated mats that you can plug in (they don't draw much electricity, but they do get nice and warm) and one old afghan in particular that my female is very fond of. I love the idea of a cat sweater though, and yours looks great.

Awe how cute she looks i know she will keep nice and warm now....

For some reason my vet things that my pommeranian dont need any sweater cause of all her hair but you know what when i walk her i put sweater on her cuase under all that hair their is a body that can catch a cold easy etc..

So good thinking my dear good looking out for your baby....

hugs

Awwww, what a beautiful and very lucky kitty! She is adorable in her sweater and I'm sure she will be snuggly warm this winter! Animals are so funny, especially when they get older. We had a beautiful Golden retriever boy some years back that just loved the cold and snow. As he aged he couldn't take it as much. By the time he was 13 and had arthritis in his legs and hips he welcomed the heating pad I would put on him in the evenings. He'd jump up on his couch and stick his leg out waiting for me to put the heating pad on it! Old animals are soooooo precious!

I love your kitty coat! I once had a cat with the most fridgid feet and ears, but he wouldn't let me put anything on them.

Archived