Vintage lace piece

wiz3283

I attended an annual Lace Day demonstration in Tempe, AZ yesterday. There was a variety of different types of lace on display along with demos and classes on many of these techniques. Some of them were crochet, knit, bobbin lace, needle lace, netted lace, tatting, and weaving. I was very happy to have won a raffle drawing for a beautiful piece of hand made lace and thought I would share it with you. The technique used to make this piece is a combination of a crocheted rope and needle lace. It will need to be reblocked but I am so thrilled to have received this piece and will be framing it and displaying it proudly on my craft room wall. :manyheart

post-13959-135897473735_thumb.jpg

:clapVery pretty ; it looks to be old

I think they did quite a bit of that during the depression era ; lucky you.

be care how you frame it though, hugs sheila

Some great answers on Yahoo for archival framing:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070326030305AAI1BSA

I can speak on both counts. I've had medals corrode when placed on just any old paper and framed and I've also lost a very valuable picture when moisture got between the image and the glass so its pretty solid advice.

Thanks for this link. This is actually how I fame all my pieces. I was just wondering if anyone had any other creative ways to preserve and display it.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived