News Report on man making afghans

Heres a nice story about a retired man who makes afghans for everyone. Really pretty ones too, but if you watch the video its funny at one pont where the reporter holds up 2 hooks (obviously 2 different sized hooks) and says, "Look, he makes so many his hook is worn down!" :lol

http://new.khastv.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=18969&storytopic=7

I watched the video. His afghans are very nice. I noticed he makes the ripple afghan. Thats one that I tried along time ago and I could never make it right so I stopped trying. Now, many, many, moons later I think I can figure out what I was doing wrong. Just about everything you can imagine. The wrong size yarn, and hook size for the yarn I was trying with. Too tight tension, and not understanding very well the decrease and increase points. I think if I tried it today I'll do alot better and maybe even actually make one that looks good. I've always loved the way the ripple looks so one day I WILL make one for me.:yes

Heres a nice story about a retired man who makes afghans for everyone. Really pretty ones too, but if you watch the video its funny at one pont where the reporter holds up 2 hooks (obviously 2 different sized hooks) and says, "Look, he makes so many his hook is worn down!" :lol

http://new.khastv.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=18969&storytopic=7

Thanks for sharing that, it's wonderful that he crochet for others. I had a good laugh when the reporter held up the hooks. :hook I wonder did he really think that the amount of crocheting that was done could wear down the hooks like that. Ummmm I wonder. :think

What a wonderfully kindhearted and generous guy! His afghans are nicely done. I was thinking that he should add a little color to his life, but the off-white is lovely and not gender or decor specific; a plus for give-aways, I suppose. (though, I think I'd get a bit bored with that practicality ; )

Thank you for the link, mama24boyz!

I wish I had thought to bring my late Dad a few hooks, some yarn and a pattern book to tangle with in his spare time. He was a master carpenter and model builder, so good with his hands, and I know he would have created works of art. I recall, as a child, him coming to Mom's rescue on occasion when she ran into a part of a knitting pattern or a crewel stitch that had her stumped. More guys need to give this wonderful craft a shot. :yes

He is truly altruistic. Nice to see crochet work by another guy!

Hey, David! -Welcome to C'ville, guy! :waving

:ty for sharing this very heartwarming story. Its good to see a story about someone who even though has some type of physical disability they can still do for others. His afghans are beautiful.

Archived