very helpful tip

I have always hated the look of a project when you have to chain 3 and turn, double crochet in next stitch...

I found this and it is very simple

Just popped in to express an additional thanks, Lynn! I've started a thread project since you shared this chainless-turn and it is working up like a charm...I'd call it a '

' (w/no chains attached ;) ) Thanks again!!!

I have always hated the look of a project when you have to chain 3 and turn, double crochet in next stitch...

I found this and it is very simple

I also agree with you about that ch 3 turn for a fake DC. The tip you shared with us is great! I was snooping around YouTube this evening and found this video by Megan Mills. She has 3 tips in the clip one of which is yet a different technique for making the 1st DC without having to ch 3. Hope this also helps others. I tried both tips and personally find the one here the better for me.

Lynn and David:

Thank you both for pointing out those great tips! I, too, hate the look of a ch3 at the start of a dc row. And, of course, any tip that decreases the amount of loose ends I have to weave in is always welcome! Sometimes, if the pattern I am using is textured enough, I "cheat" and use double strand (my new yarn and old tail end) for a few stitches when changing to a new ball of yarn, then work over new tail on next row -- no tails to weave in. Only problem is that this doesn't work with thin (less than sport weight) yarn or with very lacy patterns. Any tips for those?

Archived