Article about knitting's value -crochet too :)

http://knitting.about.com/b/2009/09/19/another-good-reason-to-knit-potential-for-easing-comfort-eating.htm?nl=1

the article is good news to me. Anything that helps those with eating disorders is a good thing. The point here at the Ville is that we all recognize this value in our lives anyway. So many people have said that yarn is cheaper than therapy! :rofl

I am just hoping that this might help someone looking for help and ideas. :ghug

Great link, Darski, thanks! I tend to have the opposite problem....I get involved in a really good book, or a Round Ripple, and I just forget to eat.....I finally got myself up to a (for me) healthy average weight but have to keep on top of it...:sigh (Be careful what you wish for)

Anyway, it's true....think what you would spend on therapy, and then go look at Smiley's or KnitPicks...instant big lift!!! :rofl

i have always said that crocheting is my biggest stress buster even if i have to frog have a project because of a missed stitch. frogging helps my aggressive feelings or if i am angry. when i am preoccupied making something like a granny square of a hotpad helps because of the mindless repeats in the pattern...give me a good hook and ball of yarn anyday

Archived