how adorable are these purses?!

juli

Looks like the only trick would be finding a good pattern for making cables in crochet, and I think I've seen some. Otherwise, the usual bag principles should apply, right? What a difference those cables make though! It's lovely!

Somewhere around here I have a pattern for a version of this knitted purse. It's basically a cabled rectangle with dowels attached to each short end. This is easiest done with a crochet hook. Pull up a loop in one stitch, slide dowel through loop, pull up a loop in next stitch, etc. Fold in half and sew up the sides. Thread wide satin ribbon through the cables and tie. Line if desired using a pretty scarf for lining. I've seen a couple made up and they are just gorgeous.

Don't see why a crochet version wouldn't be just as pretty.

Some people are so creative. Those are gorgeous. I'm sure they would be easy to do in crochet. Someone a long time ago posted a cabled hat, that would work. I just wonder how the stitches stay on the dowel, or whatever that handle is called. But yeah, those are fantastic. I'll try to find the cabled hat pattern.

Here it is: http://homepage.macomb.com/~veshal/hats.html

Those are really cute!! But not 120.00 cute!! Now they should be easy enough to make, after all basically it is a rectangle. I am going to try it and I will let you know how I make out.

kellyv

Archived