Crochet Suggestions for Nephew to make

Ok, forgive me if I go on a ramble as this noggin(brain) isn't to clear at the moment.

I taught my nephew to crochet when he was in Kindergarden. His first biggie project was a 2 + foot Christmas tree. I don't see him too often but the last time he was telling me he was piddling with in the round crochet. He just turned 8. Any suggestions for a simple easy pattern for a boy to enjoy making for himself? Nothing real small as his finger coordination can't handle real small projects.

He wants Auntie making the bigger things. :D I just sent him a pullover(via my son to drop off) he saw me working on it Labor day. He's been squeezing himself into a cardigan I made him 3 years ago despite I gave him another larger one but not the color he apparently liked in the first. royal blue

Check these brain slugs out.....

http://www.hookandneedles.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/brainslug.pdf

Not sure how I came across them, probably here :hook

I haven't tried them yet, but I think they would be really cool in some of that glow in the dark yarn that was out last year, if you can still find any of it.

Kris

I'll show him this pattern. It's kind of like what he learned with the Christmas tree project only with a different twist...slugs. He hasn't learned to read patterns, so this will be another lesson for him.

I think it's great that your nephew is enjoying crocheting! I hope he keeps it up.

(sorry no new suggestions from me...ami might work...there's some pretty neat ones, and they're all sc, and in the round)

Archived