Wool-Ease

3doxies

I like it... it's a little thinner than regular worsted weight (red heart ss, caron pounder), but very nice. I think it could pass as a sportweight if you had a pattern that called for it, and wanted to use Wool Ease instead.

I like it. :clap (Although, you'd think for a yarn called "Wool-Ease," it would have more than 20% wool in it :blush ...) There's some really pretty colors in this yarn line. It has bright, rich colors. (My main complaint about good-feeling yarns is that a lot of them are pastels because they're made for babies.) It knits and crochets up very nicely. :hook It seems to me just a little thinner than RH Super Saver, but works up a lot softer as well.

LoveloveloveloveLOVE this yarn. It is so soft and works up so nicely. I find it a real pleasure to work with. I'm currently making a scarf with it and I like that I can work the scarf so loosely but it's still really warm and it seems to be remarkably resilient in matters of stretch.

I'll go against the flow, here. I don't care for it at all. It's easy to work with, but I find it itchy (I'm a big texture person and 100% wool is much better to me).

I made a bag out of the thick & quick kind and when it got washed it kinda felted, kinda didn't. Looks like crap now. lol (I'm not sure if it was supposed to go into the machine or not but it got itself in there - being mostly acrylic I didn't think it would do any damage to it. WRONG!)

I used it last year as a test to see if I could work with wool. Made my mom a scarf for Christmas and it was nice and soft in a pretty gray. Passed the wool use test, so I have used 100% wool a few times now.

Kathy

I'm middle of the road on Wool-Ease; I find it kind of itchy, but I think that's mostly because it sheds quite a bit (easier to tell when you're using darker colors). I've made some of LB's Hooded Scarves (pattern on their site) with the light rose and blue healthers, and they turned out great, really warm and all. I'm making a baby sweater right now with Wool-Ease Chunky, and I really like it, but overall, I don't like that I itch when I use it. I've never had a problem with 100% wool, but wool-acrylic blends are torture.

So anyway, I love the way it works up, and it's super warm and has good colors. If it didn't make me itch so badly, I would recommend it whole-heartedly. That said, if it doesn't make you itch, go for it.

I made a very detailed shawl with it and it looks gorgeous (a heathered blue). But I hate to admit this, it's kinda itchy on my neck. I am sensitive to fabrics and it's fine as long as it's not on my bare skin. It does work up nicely and I'm thinking about making a cardigan with some I have (cause I have it and it works up well)

Archived