Nebraska State Fair update post 10

I just dropped off my entry for the State fair. I won't be able to find out how I did until next week when my whole family will be enjoying the fair. The waiting is always the hardest part. I will post pics when I know the results. I entered a christening dress with purple flowers along the bottom, so if anyone going the the state fair gets there before me, please let me know the results.:) Wish me luck! Also congrats on all the wonderful fair and art festival projects that I have been seeing these past few weeks. All are great and keep up the good work next year!!!!!:clap

Went to the fair yesterday and I saw my dress. Unfortunately it did not place. For the category it competed in, best of county needlework, they only give ribbons if you placed in the top 5. I did find out that I can bring the same project back next year and participate in a different category which I will be doing. The projects that did make it in the top 5 were very well done and I think the judges made a very good choice. First was a crochet tablecloth and second was a filet table runner and I couln't find third-fifth. Here are some pics of the dress from the county fair and state fair.

post-22161-135897443346_thumb.jpg

post-22161-135897443349_thumb.jpg

It is a gorgeous dress, and I see you did get a ribbon for it, congrats.

The ribbon came from the county fair. The state fair does not give ribbons for the best of county category unless you place in the top 5. The judges had a hard job, so much talent! Thanks for the nice complement though.:)

Archived