Textured Scarf

boksie

I used a "bargain" yarn to make this scarf for my granddaughter. The yarn is very, very pretty but it is a pain to work with. I ended up doing this in double crochet. I attempted a hat and lets just say it wasn't my best endeavor because I couldn't see where to put my stitches in. Guess I'll make a hat out of a ww yarn that color coordinates and trim it with a little of this yarn. Oh, and here's the picture. :crocheting I'm learning that all bargain yarns aren't necessarily a bargain.

I had some of that exact yarn!! :eek :eek I ended up "knitting" a scarf with size 13(?)needles. The bigger the needles the better!!!:eek :eek :lol

The end results are sure neat, Boksie! -it makes for a fun scarf that your granddaughter will no doubt love! Very cute! Kudos to you for seeing it through to the end!

I was just going to say that for some of those types of yarns, knitting on big needles is the best plan. I am not much of a knitter yet, but I've made a lot of scarves from novelty yarns that I hated crocheting with.

Thank you all for taking a look and your nice comments, hints and sympathy lol! Still need to figure out a hat to go along with it. I'm leaning toward breaking out my kniftyknitter for that. i gave her the scarf yesterday and she was wearing it around outside and boy was it hot outside.

• 2 weeks later...

Turned out fun-looking. I bet she'll love it.

Something I do with really weird textured yarn sometimes is work them along with a strand of complementary worsted weight, with a bigger hook. The WW gives it a little more body to work with, and you can see the stitches a bit better.

Archived