Maple Leaf Afghan CAL...anyone interested?

PraiseJesus

Hi :)

Is anyone interested in doing a Maple Leaf Afghan CAL with me? I am having diffuculty joining the sqaures....so I thought maybe doing a cal with others would make things easier for everyone.

The afghan is featured in the Sept/Oct 07 issue of crochet today.

Anyone interested?? :cheer:cheer:cheer

post-8043-135897434264_thumb.jpg

I'm not able to make this 'ghan right now, however I have made a couple of the squares without joining so I am familiar with the pattern and might be able to help. I was actually trying to modify the square to make it 12 inches square for a friendship 'ghan. No luck, but the square as written is quite easy to work up and looks very nice.

I just read through the border/joining instructions and it is a little bit different. Instead of removing the hook and replacing in on the loops on the other square as per the instructions, could you just do a slip stitch at that point in the pattern? For example, where is says Border (rem squares) try this:

Round 1 .... join corner ch-4 sps with ch 2, slip stitch in corresponding ch 4 sp on adjacent square, ch 2.... and ..... join ch2 sps with ch 1, slip stitch in corresponding ch 2 sp on adjacent square, ch 1....and so on? I think you might get the same look. :think Just a suggestion.

The other option would be to sc around the entire square and use a more traditional joining method.

Good luck! I will pop in here again and see how it is going. I'd love to see a picture of it when it's done! Did you use the same colors as the one in the magazine?

Oh, I just peered really close at the picture and now I think you should definitely try the joining method as written. It looks like the ch 4s and ch 2s actually loop through the other square. Looks awesome!

Oh, I wish I could make this, but I just can't right now. Too many WIPs.

Can you post a link to the pattern or a picture of it?

Hi :) The pattern itself is in the Crochet Today Magazine (sept/oct 07) but here is a link to what the afghan looks like: http://www.yarncollection.com/products/product.aspx?sku=910351

If you are interested in making it but don't have the pattern, let me know and I'll try to help locate where it can be purchased.

Hope you'll join me!

Oh, I just peered really close at the picture and now I think you should definitely try the joining method as written. It looks like the ch 4s and ch 2s actually loop through the other square. Looks awesome!

Oh, I wish I could make this, but I just can't right now. Too many WIPs.

Thank you so much for your help, I do appreciate it :)

It looks like the ch 4s and ch 2s actually loop through the other square. Thats what I thought too.

Are you sure you don't want to join?!? Whats another WIP?? :lol:lol:lol

yep, I'm using the colors and yarn specified in the pattern...the colors are awesome!!!

Hi :) The pattern itself is in the Crochet Today Magazine (sept/oct 07) but here is a link to what the afghan looks like: http://www.yarncollection.com/products/product.aspx?sku=910351

If you are interested in making it but don't have the pattern, let me know and I'll try to help locate where it can be purchased.

Hope you'll join me!

I believe you can order back issues of Crochet Today. I just got my Sep/Oct issue and they wrote right in the magazine to call 800-865-7240 for back issues :wink

Are you sure you don't want to join?!? Whats another WIP?? :lol:lol:lol

:lol So true, so true. You would think you knew me or something! :rofl I have another afghan I have to finish first. It is a gift. I will keep my eye on this thread and will try to join when my afghan is finished.

Is anyone still working on this? My grandmother just died a couple of hours ago, and I can't sleep. So, I was surfing crochetville for a distraction.... I actually have this pattern and some of the yarn. Care if I join in? :crocheting

I am so sorry that your grandmother has passed. Of course you can join in! Can't wait to see your progress...I have several of the motifs/squares done...they work up rather quickly!

I am sorry to hear about your grandmother. I have kept an eye on your post because of your name. I have never seen another mindy on the internet. My thoughts are with you. Take care of yourself.

• 1 month later...

Archived