Looking for a magazine

Minderella83

I have found most of the magazines have clothing patterns more than any other type.

I get Crochet World, Crochet and a couple of others. Crochet World will have some afghan, but not much.:hook

I agree with Tampa Doll, the majority of the items in the crochet magazines tend to be wearables.

If you are looking for a certain thing to make, you may want to invest in a couple of pattern books. I've bought almost all my pattern books 2nd hand (ebay, Amazon sells used books, and "Half Priced Books" chain store). One of my favorite baby blanket pattern books is called "Best of Terry Kimbrough Baby Afghans". There are probably hundreds of afghan books out there and most of them offer an array of patterns from beginner to experienced. Another option is to check a pattern book out from the library and see if there is anything in there that interests you before you buy it.

Good luck! :)

• 4 weeks later...
What magazine do you like best? I like doing afghans and baby blankets best.

I, too, love to crochet afghans. I have a ton of pattern books I've collected over the years. :eek

Eons ago there was a magazine published called simply Afghans and another magazine put out by Crochet Fantasy. I think I have at least a dozen of each of these magazines. 95% of each magazine was afghan patterns (knit and crochet). Unfortunately, these magazines are no longer published. So I'm grateful I purchased them when I did. Once in a blue moon you may find them on Ebay. :hook

My favorite crochet magazine is Crochet Today for which I have a subscription and I also have a subscription to Crochet! and a digital subscription to Crochet World. I stopped buying Interweave Crochet because (1) it's mostly wearables and accessories and (2) it's geared toward a much younger generation (IMHO). :yes

I, too, love to crochet afghans. I have a ton of pattern books I've collected over the years. :eek

Eons ago there was a magazine published called simply Afghans and another magazine put out by Crochet Fantasy. I think I have at least a dozen of each of these magazines. 95% of each magazine was afghan patterns (knit and crochet). Unfortunately, these magazines are no longer published. So I'm grateful I purchased them when I did. Once in a blue moon you may find them on Ebay. :hook

My favorite crochet magazine is Crochet Today for which I have a subscription and I also have a subscription to Crochet! and a digital subscription to Crochet World. I stopped buying Interweave Crochet because (1) it's mostly wearables and accessories and (2) it's geared toward a much younger generation (IMHO). :yes

I have never bought Interweave Crochet I like the wearables to some degrees but some of what I've seen in Interweave Crochet just doesn't suit me

• 3 weeks later...
I get Crochet Today and Crochet World. I think they have more traditional patterns while the others seem more upscale and modern. Lots of clothing.

I agree. Crochet! seems to have a lot of adult wearables and not too many of the traditional items like afghans and baby items.

I like Crochet Today because it has some really nice beginner projects, along with some others. Kind of a something for everyone style.

And Crochet World has all the traditional patterns in it. Both of these magazines I subscribe to.

:manyheart

Archived