Make a crocheted headband

darski

Make a Crocheted Headband…

post-4896-135897431144_thumb.jpg

Please note that this cotton yarn stretches so make it a snug fit to allow for “growth”

Stitches used… ch, sc, dc, FPdc, BPdc.

Materials:

Elastic hairband… a sturdy ponytail size

Crochet hook that is comfortable for you to use with Worsted Weight 100% Cotton yarn. You don’t need much yarn for this. What you have left from a dishcloth is usually enough.

Row 1: Work 5 sc over hairband.

Row 2: 2 sc in each sc.

Rows 3 to whatever: work a pattern over the 10 stitches. I usually end up with something between22 and 25 rows.

Next to last row: work a sc decrease across the row – (5 stitches)

Last row: work 5 sc over the hairband.

Two possible stitch patterns…

Stitch pattern #1…shown at top

Row 1: dc in 2, ch 1, sk 1, dc in next, ch 2, sk 2, dc in next, ch 1, sk 1, dc in last 2

Row 2: dc in 2, dc in ch 1 sp, ch 1 sk 1, 2dc in ch 2 sp,ch1, sk 1, dc in ch 1 space, dc in last 2.

Repeat these two rows to end. Remember your sc rows to finish off.

post-4896-135897431149_thumb.jpg

Stitch pattern #2…

Row 1: dc in 2, sk 1, 3dc in next, sk 2, 3dc in next, sk 1, dc in 2.

Row 2: dc in 1, FPdc in next, [3dc group in centre dc of 3dc group] twice, FPdc in next, dc in last.

Row 3: dc in 1, BPdc in next, [3dc group in centre dc of 3dc group] twice, BPdc in next, dc in last.

Repeat rows 2 and 3 as needed

Back showing hairband …

post-4896-135897431152_thumb.jpg

Copyright: Darlene Cutler - 2009

I do not have a problem with people/groups using my patterns to make a little extra money by physically making them and selling the items they make.

However, I do not permit the selling of my patterns for money. I have once given permission for a booklet to be made of them for a charitable sale and I may do so again *if I am asked* and if it is for a church, charity or school type group. But first you have to ask.

Furthermore, If you choose to use my patterns as a money maker, I do not permit my images to be used for any advertizing of your work. You must make your own item and photograph that. These images are as much a part of my Web image as a designer as the patterns are and I reserve that use to myself alone.

Hello Darski,

You do wonderfull crochet projects, I just love all your doll patterns to. I do like this head band it looks lacy and light.

Congratulations,

Y.Marie

It's beautiful! Thank You! I just had an unsolicited comment from a "lady" behind me in line at the grocery store a few days ago, that 'older' ladies shouldn't have long hair, because it tended to draw down their features, and make them look older.....When I turned to look at her, she reminded me of "Mimi" from Drew Carey's show, and was at least my age!!! (60) I had just washed my hair, and left it down, to dry a bit. It is nearly to my waist.

Ah, well, to each his/her own!

I will make a couple of these to match my 'old lady" sweat suits. I think they used to be called jogging suits, even though I can't jog anymore! :rofl

Archived