Eye Making?

I'm making an amigurumi but don't have any buttons or anything to make eyes with. Is there anyway to make them out of yarn or thread? :think Any help is appreciated! :hook

I've made them with black #10 cotton before. I made a magic ring and made 6-8 sc's in it, then finished off. Came out great!

I have never done embroidery (other than my own little stitches here and there on crochet work).....but using yarn (or whatever) to make eyes, etc on a face is so easy to add to crochet work. These are large size teddy bears I made for DGS's and I just used black yarn in a yarn needle and just sewed back and forth to make other facial features like the nose. The eyes were made crocheting a few chs and joining into a circle, then some sc's around the circle. For a small toy I would do the eyes like I did the nose, just back and forth sewing, tie it in back so it won't come loose and that's it!

post-23943-135897421483_thumb.jpg

I always embroider the eyes- and since I don't do too well on a satin stitch, I rarely make the eyes circles. To me it is more expressive as lines, anyway.

I often make round eyes by making 1 round of 6 sc, or even bigger eyes by adding a second round of 12 sc.

Archived