Looking for ideas for camo yarn...

Last year, during Holidays in July, I asked for camo yarn so that I could make a blanket for my teenaged-son. He was in the states then for the summer, and has since returned for good (he'll be attending college in the fall)--and he took with him the blanket I was able to make thanks to the generosity of folks here.

In fact, I received more camo yarn than I used for the blanket. 18yo son scoffed at a hat or scarf, although he did appreciate the fingerless gloves I made for him to wear during his airsoft games.

Now I have several skeins of camo yarn, and no boys at home. A friend here in Poland has a gift ministry at Christmas time--she organizes Christmas parties and distributes gifts to children in children's homes who may receive nothing else. I'd like to use the rest of this yarn to make something she can give to boys. Hats and scarfs come to mind (I could use some simple pattern suggestions for nice-looking boys' things), but is there anything else I could make with this camo yarn that boys (say ages 5-10) would like? I'd make purses for girls, but what to make for the boys?

All suggestions welcome! And if you're interested in assisting the project, let me know.

Thanks!

Any toys I think would be a hit. I would think a 5 or ever 10 year old would love camo teddy bears. Even the little girls might like that too. Oh and back packs for the boys might be a good idea or something that looks like a duffel bag.

Hats would be appreciated. I know they aren't fun, but they will be used to keep warm.

:manyheart

Hmmm. I have nothing against hats and scarfs, but truthfully, these kids have adequate warm clothing. My friend tends to focus on toys for the younger kids and nice personal care items for the teens. So, a camo hat or scarf would be a good choice if it were perceived as cooler/more desirable than the hat or scarf the child already has, but they are not in need of warm clothing, especially.

The thought crossed my mind that messenger-type bags might work. "Man bags" are common in Europe, and messenger bags are popular with the guys...

Archived