Looking for a merino/silk/bamboo yarn

MissRach

Hullo! I realize that we crocheters have a tendency to be thought of as "cheap", so this may not be the place to find suggestions. Oh well! ;)

Anyhow, I need a worsted or aran weight yarn in a merino/silk/bamboo blend. yes, it can have SOME acrylic or nylon. My grandmother has very sensitive skin, so that's why I need the silk and bamboo. :) Needs to be in either a deep red, or cream/white/natural so I can dye it.

TIA!

Rach

Mirasol Yarn's Nuna is wool, silk and bamboo but it is sport weight, you could always double or triple strand it to get gauge.

They also have a 50/50 wool/silk blend called Tupa which is just heavenly! Both yarns come in a pretty deep red.

How are crocheter's thought of as cheap? All you have to do is look at the price for the 40 balls of yarn for the afghan someone wants you to make for free and "cheap" is the last word I'd apply to us! If anything, we tend to be more generous than most, as we pay for our own materials, work like mad, and then give most of our work away!!

Mirasol Yarn's Nuna is wool, silk and bamboo but it is sport weight, you could always double or triple strand it to get gauge.

They also have a 50/50 wool/silk blend called Tupa which is just heavenly! Both yarns come in a pretty deep red.

Wow, that's practically perfect! Not too expensive, and VERY nice looking. I may simply adapt the pattern for the smaller guage (my g-ma lives in southern CA, so the heat is somewhat of an issue) and single strand it. Now to check my budget to see how soon I can get some! ;)

How are crocheter's thought of as cheap? All you have to do is look at the price for the 40 balls of yarn for the afghan someone wants you to make for free and "cheap" is the last word I'd apply to us! If anything, we tend to be more generous than most, as we pay for our own materials, work like mad, and then give most of our work away!!

True, I don't consider my crochet work to be cheap. (my yarn, otoh, that's another matter!) I use bargain yarns and specialty yarns, but I happen to be quite disciplined in how I aportion my yarn budget. I know a lot of crafters get the cheapest materials possible so they can do more crafting, and for some reason, I have run into people who think that only crocheters do that! (The knit snobbery is especially odd. :think) But no, I don't think we are cheap, I think we are PERCEIVED as cheap! :hook

Have you tried knitpicks or try Ravelry.

Nothing on knitpicks..... (I can't access reverly on my networks)

I don't know if either of these would be what you're looking for but I thought they might work. Each of them has a natural shade that you might be able to dye. Hope you find what you need & it doesn't break the bank.

Plymouth shire silk

Paton's silk bamboo

Those *are* nice yarns! Maybe for another project. :)

Thanks for the help!

Archived