scarves and hats for kids

goofy

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't know if I will be able to help or not - I'm doing 56 hats & scarves for my SIL kindergarten classes next year. I'm about halfway so we will see - I will tell you the scarves are good between 45-48 inches long and any kind of camoflage yarns go like gangbusters even the pink for the girls!!! I'll PM you if I have time for extras!! They go fairly fast!

How cool! I just bought camouflage yarn on clearance at Michael's just for this project!!! Good to know! Now i'll have to get going on scarves and hats.

deb

Hey ladies! I got two hats in the mail yesterday. I have pics and all but am going to wait untill tomarrow to post as I am off to bed right now. :yay

Hi,

I would like to help out as well. But Im very new to crocheting so Im not sure I could make any hats or mittens. (I looked at the basic hat pattern you posted and thought it looked fairly easy, but I noticed a few abbrevs that I dont have any idea what they mean.)

Any way, I could do a few scarves!

Hey cool...thank you! I got a package with several hats in it the other day. keep forgetting to come in here and post pics of them. I forget who they were from but I'll get that done probably on monday.

post-5413-135897428254_thumb.jpg

post-5413-135897428258_thumb.jpg

Here are the two packages I recieved. The first today and the second a couple of days ago. Thank you!!

My son has tried out several of these scarves. :lol I think he enjoys looking at them. I keep reminding him that they are being donated to help people. I am glad to give him the oportunity to learn about giving.

niki I got your package two days ago. Love them! very cute. And you are right what a good way to practice your knitting. :yes The kids won't care. Thank you!

I also found a few handmade scarves at my local thrift store. They are in near perfect, if not new condition, and I'd be glad to send them your way. It's amazing that all of the scarves at the thrift store were under a dollar, and the handmade afghan were only 2 dollars.

Anne~I received your package today! Wow! you have been one busy woman! They are all wonderful and I'm sure the kids will love them!

Niki~I agree. I'm amazed at all the afghans and other handmade items I see at our local thrift store. And they are all priced really cheap. I just hope the gifts that I make and give do not end up there. At least not untill they have been well used and loved!

Hello ladies, I apologize for not getting in here sooner to send a big thank you to the person that sent all the hat, scarf and mitten sets!! They are so awsome!! I can't thank you enough! It is really late and I'm really tired trying to fight off this cold but I promise I will look it up and post a proper thank you in the morning!!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived