scarves and hats for kids

goofy

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Since skulls are rather 'hot' right now (even for my 7 year old) I thought maybe I would make them one like the ones I made my kids. I still got some glow in the dark yarn. :D You think that would go alright?

Jessica, is there a freebie skull pattern that you use? :think

I checked out the site Cherri gave for the basic hat - I made the hat and like the pattern.

Goofy - send me a pm with your address. I can send hats, and probably at least one scarf or more, by September.

Jessica, is there a freebie skull pattern that you use? :think
Its this one... But I do the skull part & 5 rows before & after in sc then do the rest of the scarf howerver. I made it in hdc & did not like it however the middle boy did. :lol

Nevermind.. it would not let me post the link. I will just pm it to you.

pm me your address and I could do some scarfs, may have few children scarfs already done in my stash I'll have to look and see?? Depends on the needed length. Does anyone have a good length for that age range???? It been twenty something years since i've had a young one around.

pm me your address and I could do some scarfs, may have few children scarfs already done in my stash I'll have to look and see?? Depends on the needed length. Does anyone have a good length for that age range???? It been twenty something years since i've had a young one around.

I tried to pm you and it wouldnt let me. I think I saw a pattern for a childs scarf that was 45 inches long? I'm not sure.

I don't know if I will be able to help or not - I'm doing 56 hats & scarves for my SIL kindergarten classes next year. I'm about halfway so we will see - I will tell you the scarves are good between 45-48 inches long and any kind of camoflage yarns go like gangbusters even the pink for the girls!!! I'll PM you if I have time for extras!! They go fairly fast!

O.k. Karen. Thank you! You sound like you have your "hooks" full!! What a great thing to do! Like I said I won't take them in untill September.

I tried to pm you and it wouldnt let me. I think I saw a pattern for a childs scarf that was 45 inches long? I'm not sure.

Not sure what the problem is. :angry PM is enabled. If it continues I'll have to contact the admin. In the mean time my email is gpelton716-crafts@yahoo.com. I have two scarfs already started. :clap Then it dawned on me this can be a over the summer/in car project. So I can pace myself a little more. lol. My hubby does most of the driving, and I try to keep projects in the van to keep me busy on long trips or waits in various stores, doctor visits and such. :hook

On other charity sites, scarves for kids were asked to be 4" x 44" and on another 5.5" x 45". So I would think anywhere around these dimensions would be fine.

Hello,

I would love to help you out! Could you give me the dimensions of the scarves you need, as i have a lot of extra yarn that could be used for this. Thanks!

I sent you a pm right? I agree with bailey about the size of the scarves.

Also, I talked to the gal today and I can wait untill october to bring everything in. So that gives us another month to work on things. :cheer

I sent you a pm right? I agree with bailey about the size of the scarves.

Also, I talked to the gal today and I can wait untill october to bring everything in. So that gives us another month to work on things. :cheer

That means I can wait until the kids start school to send it to you. Its the first year for PE uniforms for the next bazillion years I got left of kids school. I rmember mine where $10 & now they are $20 or over. :eek It also means I can make more scarves. :yay

Does anyone have measurements for the hats - across the bottom side to side, and the height. Just wondering if mine/the measurements are going to be ok.

I just wanted to let everyone know I ran across this cute scarf online that would be perfect for kids. It is a "SNAKE SCARF" (I think the person who designed it might be a member here as well.) Anyway I'm in the process of making some up. Colors for boys and some pink and purple snakes for girls. LOL. Here is the link to the site. http://rsislandcrafts.blogspot.com/2007/08/snake-scarf-pattern.html

Brenda, I would love to help if you still need some extra hats and scarves. I've never made mittens, but I'm willing to give it a try! PM me with your info if you still need help!

I would love to help make scarves. I am actually working on one right now, so once i finish that i will work on another. I have just recently started to crochet again, so they probably won't be perfect; but i will try my best. It's the thought that counts though. :D

Archived