My country 'tis of thee...

Feeling inspired lately, Ive started (rather late) on a project to honor the Fourth of July:firecrack. I wonder how many others are doing the same?

My project consists of a 50x60" Afghan made of 5" granny squares, made in red white and blue. It will take me fourty of each color so I guess it is a good thing I can finish one in about 15 minutes (minus distractions of course)! Anyway, Ive decided to use all of my discarded pairs of jeans that I kept around to cut into squares, or possibly some other pattern, and sewn together as a lining for the back. I will try and post pics as soon as Ive made some progress...

The afghan sounds wonderful! I really like the sound of the lining.

Sounds fun! I've debated making something special for the 4th of July... but with two friends having babies I've been consumed with that.

I'll do my best to join you, perhaps making this bandana and a topsy-turvy doll with a patriotic dress (have to figure that one out though...)

I'm making a rectangle granny square red/white/blue afghan for DH. I had hoped to have it done by Father's Day but it's looking like it will be ready by the 4th.

I'm not planning on working on anything specifically for the 4th. However, I have two Waves afghans that I started for my boys in red, white, and blue. I'm thinking I will join you and use the opportunity to work on them. They have been on hold since Christmas since we decided to get them Spiderman and Batman bed sets instead of using their waves ghans.

I'm not exactly sure how much progress I made before they got set aside. I will get them out this weekend and take pics to post so I can document my progress. Here is the pattern I am using http://crochetme.com/patterns/wavy-blanket

Archived