What is your favorite edging for fleece?

I bought my skip stitch blade a few months ago and am still playing with edges. I bought a couple of edging pattern books to help me out. I must say, though, I do like just simple edges of rows varying between dc, or hdc and sc. Crochet through the back loop gives a nice raised line, too, and the different stitch heights a little visual interest. The thickness of the yarn is important, too. I used WW for a couple of edges, and it was really too thick, although I made it work.

Patty

It depends on what I'm using it for...

If it's a baby blanket, something delicate is nice.

If it's something larger, a small scallop is good.

I've even used a thicker, bulky yarn in white. It made a nice soft cushy edge around a preemie blanket.

I have a few pictures of edgings on my picturetrail page if you want to take a look.

There are some great ideas at http://www.edgerydoo.com too.

Scalloped edges are great for a girl, but not sure what to do for boy stuff. I"m doing lots of baby blankets. I"ve done a row of DC, but I'd like something a little thicker and with more interest.

I made about 20 fleece blankets last year with the skip stitch blade. I did a lot of shell edgings for girl blankets and some more intricate lacy edgings from books too. For boy blankets I did a lot of V stitch edgings, ripples, and what I called "waves" where I did a ch4, then a DC, then a HDC, then a SC, then a slip stitch, back to ch4, etc. It made a nice ocean wave edge. Good luck!

Archived