Anyone know what year this set is from?

I just got a set of old Boye crochet hooks that the seller said were from 1945. No markings or anything on the set and the box they came in was covered with brown tape so that's no help.

I'm fairly confident this is the original box and original set. The hooks etc just fit too perfectly in the box.

I love mechanical things, so I really like how perfectly the base holds each hook. No matter how old or new it is, the previous owner loved it enough to really take care of it. There are 14 hooks. I haven't examined them closely with a magnifying glass yet, but I'd say the smallest is a size 12 thread hook.

You should write to Boye with a picture of the hooks. Maybe they could give you more detailed info.

They are nice looking hooks, along with the case!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Your hook set was made and sold from 1923 to the middle of the 1930's. The hooks are size 1 - 14 . Great find.

There is an artilce on the old interchangeable set and the new one on my blog.

I just got a set of old Boye crochet hooks that the seller said were from 1945. No markings or anything on the set and the box they came in was covered with brown tape so that's no help.

I'm fairly confident this is the original box and original set. The hooks etc just fit too perfectly in the box.

I love mechanical things, so I really like how perfectly the base holds each hook. No matter how old or new it is, the previous owner loved it enough to really take care of it. There are 14 hooks. I haven't examined them closely with a magnifying glass yet, but I'd say the smallest is a size 12 thread hook.

Your hook set was made and sold from 1923 to the middle of the 1930's. The hooks are size 1 - 14 . Great find.

There is an artilce on the old interchangeable set and the new one on my blog.

I must go to your blog.

I used a magnifying glass and confirmed that I did have one of each size. I'm delighted they're so old. I love that someone used them and kept them in wonderful condition.

I too love it when I find hooks in good condition. A lot aren't.

Have you used them yet. I find them wonderful to crochet with and would be interested i n your opinion.

I must go to your blog.

I used a magnifying glass and confirmed that I did have one of each size. I'm delighted they're so old. I love that someone used them and kept them in wonderful condition.

I too love it when I find hooks in good condition. A lot aren't.

Have you used them yet. I find them wonderful to crochet with and would be interested i n your opinion.

HAven't had a chance. I'm working on a wall hanging right now with worsted weight yarn. My next project is the puffball contribution and I plan to use sewing thread doubled for that, so that will be my first opportunity.

Archived