femoral nerve palsy??? anyone!

this is somewhat crochet related, because i have been diagnosed with this after THR and crocheting is the ONLY thing that keeps me sane!! has ANYONE ever heard of this????

I have not heard of it, but I want to tell my thoughts and prayers are with you. What information did they give you? Crocheting has been a gift to me during difficult times I hope it helps you...please keep us posted..I wish you well!

Well dear, your femoral nerve is in your leg, unless you crochet with your toes..lol..I doubt it would be caused or inflicted by crocheting, I myself have Ulnar Nerve problems, that is the nerve going down your arm. Maybe you misunderstood him? Anyways, I DO hope the best for you and it all works out! There are good meds out there for neuropathic pains, and I hope you get refeif from one.

HUGS

JoAnn

Never heard of it either. The femoral nerve is in the groin/hip region. Did the doc explain his dx. I don't know if prolonged sitting, maybe with legs tightly together can aggravate that nerve??? whilst crocheting.

Ahhh, is THR= total hip replacement?

PM me if you will....I have major issues(muscle warfare, pain) in the hip region post car crash, worse after arthroscopy. Curious as to your sx. I cannot sit long....

yes, THR is total hip replacement. this nerve thing happened during surgery, which was 3 months ago and i still can not walk without a walker!! the dr says nerve repair takes a LONG time, mabe even 6 months or more and even then, there may be some damage. crocheting and prayer are my only saving graces!

Yes, nerves can take awhile to heal. My prayers that this is a temporary inconvenience to you. My main coping is to crochet or else there's nothing else. I have major iliopsoas, flank,spinal, flexor muscles that go into battle mode. Can't do much but beg the Lord to make it stop! 8 years of this

Changes are happening for the better I hope. Still waiting for my miracle.

Take care!

:::slaps forehead::: Oh, I get it now! You meant that the TOPIC was somehow crochet related because crochet keeps you sane. I've been sitting here for the last 15 minutes trying to figure out how femoral nerve palsy could be CAUSED by crocheting! I've had a rough day. Apparently a lot rougher than I realized! LOL!

Archived