Winter in Florida

cajunwhacko

A friend of mine from work is moving to Montana in September because her dh just got orders (they're Air Force). She's never really been farther north than Georgia, and my mom had the thought that I should make her a hat and mittens for the winter. I was going to do hat, scarf and mittens, but I've decided that with my super-low energy levels, hat and scarf was enough.

Please ignore the unenthused face and eyes, they can be blamed on the tumor. I really do love how these came out.

Oh, and the yarn is Homespun in Montana Skies... as soon as I saw the name I knew it was meant to be.

th_PICT2744.jpg

th_PICT2745.jpg

That is lovely Anne! I am sure that your friend will get great use of it out there in Montana! I can not wait to love back to the midwest and need all of the super warm codl weather gear! Crazy, yup I know, but I love the heat and sunshine only a smidgen more than I love the cold and snow...something magical about waking up to the pristine white snow across your property...snuggling into bed or in an afghan in front of the fire.....HATE the snow shoveling though :lol

Archived