Some good clean fun?!

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tell me about it. She's going to school for psychology, though, so her "discipline' is to have long talks with them about what they did.

Colleen went to SIL's for the weekend. I think they have a holiday on Monday, also, but it's Family Day, or something like that.

:rolleyes... the "long talk".... sheesh!

I miss Colleen, too... I hope she's having a great time! We need a holiday called Family Day, here in the States. It's a value that is lacking these days, I think

I think so, too. :yes It would be nice to have a day dedicated to family. :manyheart We did a lot as a family when I was younger, but as I grew up, it was usually me and my mom. Dh and I try to do as much with the girls as possible. I really want the girls to be close. I see so many siblings that just fight and hit, etc, and it makes me sad. I was an only child and I think it would have been sooooo nice to have siblings as I grew up.

you and Jorge are doing a good job.

Just always remind them of who their best friends are, and who they have to look after them: each other!

That's what we told mine, and still do! They really do look out for each other now, and are great friends... we call them "the club" :lol

"The club"- that's cute!

They always used to play together- but Isabella has been influenced by Roomie's oldest (who really isn't a bad kid- but she's got the "older kids are smarter than little ones" syndrome.) Isabella has started being bossy and a bit mouthy to Mia, and I remind her quite often that Mia is her sister and that they will be together forever. :lol

Well, I'm going to scoot. The moguls just came on, and I hate to say it, but I am getting kind of sleepy. I think I'll watch a bit then ask Joanne who won. :lol

Good night! Thanks for the chat. :hug

Oh, that's a good idea. :yes I try to enforce that one, too, but as I said, Roomie's oldest isn't too nice about including the younger ones. I told Isabella, either you all play, or no one does. And she gets it.

Good morning all and:valday:vheart:vheart:vheart

Enjoyed chat last night and the olympics and :crocheting- a very nice Saturday night spent among friends! (while DH was wrapped in his flannelghan on the couch asleep:lol)

Stacy, in case you missed the end of the moguls- Hannah Kearney won for the USA!!! The Canadian, Jennifer Heil (Canada)came in second and Shannon Bahrke USA came in third. Shannon is the girl who is marrying a guy with last name of Happy on my birthday 10-10-10!. So USA won!!! (sorry Mary and Colleen, but hey your Canadian hockey team won their first game 18-0:lol)

DH left to get bagels for breakfast (and I bet a card and flowers):lol He is always last minute and so predictable. I was all set to make eggs and english muffins for breakfast- and he was like- oh, no I'll go get some of our favorite bagels- and that was about 20 minutes ago:lol. The bagel shoppe is 5 minutes away - if that!:lol

Anyway, I'm going to make a beef stew today in the crock pot- so I'd better get to choppin the vegies and potatoes so it can start cooking!

Have a fabulous day everyone :manyheart:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart

Yes, I do know my DH- he came back with a vaseful of pink, red and white roses and baby's breath and a card (along with the bagels:lol) Plus, he gave me some $ to go buy something- mmmm. ACMoore is having a big sale on RHSS and Caron Pounders................:hook

:vheart:valday:vheart:valday:valday:vheart:valdayGood morning, and Happy Valentine's Day!!!

Joanne, your dh may be predicatable, but he's very sweet.

LeaAnne, Stacy, Mary, and Joanne, I enjoyed listening in to your chat last night. It's so nice to hear what's going on in your lives. LeaAnne, welcome back!:hug

Vicki, I will count stitches today, so I can give you a rough pattern for the giant tote.

:manyheart:heart

Yes, Beth, he is predictable- but I am appreciative- the flowers look lovely on my Dining room table!. Well time to shower and head to ACM- the hardest decision will be what colors do I want to buy for some Christmas flannelghans?:think

Back from AC Moore- and I stocked up on Caron Pounders-and got some RHSS I bought enough to make 4 (I must be going crazy) but I figure if I spread making them throughout the year, it'll be ok. So the colors I chose are...........

Cape Cod Blue and Lace for one ghan

Espresso and Azure for one (brown and blue)

Midnight and White for one (navy and white- NY Yankee colors)

Also bought Red and Black RHSS to make one (Devils/Rutgers colors)

I wish Vicki had an ACM since they had orange and blue (Mets colors) in mine JoaAnns has them for 5.49 this week though- not as good as ACM (2/10) but pretty darn close. Just thought I'd let you know.

Now to find a spot to store them--can't leave them in my trunk forever!! LOL- DH actually was happy I was buying the yarn to make more flannelghans- he really, really loves his!!

:valday I hope all my besties are feeling loved and appreciated today! You all deserve it!

We had fun last night. Martina McBride is amazing in concert. Trace Adkins only sang three songs, because his band was in head-on collision yesterday morning. The two men in the other truck died. So sad. DH was sitting at the end of the row, and a woman in her 70's fell down the stairs, and her foot grazed his cheek and landed in his lap. She had a huge gash on the back of her head. I felt so bad for her. The rest of the night went okay, thank goodness.

Wow, I missed a long chat last night! I can't wait for the next one. I :manyheart our chats!!

Have a great day everyone! I'll try to be back later! Gotta go try and finish DD's Valentine's present while she's at Grandma's! :vheart:vheart:vheart:vheart:vheart:vheart:vheart

Hi Ladies

Happy Valentines Day

I hope everyone is having a lovely day :yes

Thankyou Joanne for letting me know what you got at ACM. Iam sooo excited for you. :devil

LeaAnne Iam waiting to hear what you got........

Thanks for the chat last night. It was just what I needed.

I will be back later

Lots of Love

:hug:manyheart

You know how we were talking about my birthday this year being 10-10-10? well, its even better than that- I'll be 55 (5+5=10) and I was born in 55! I think I'd better start playing those numbers in the lottery!:lol

You know how we were talking about my birthday this year being 10-10-10? well, its even better than that- I'll be 55 (5+5=10) and I was born in 55! I think I'd better start playing those numbers in the lottery!:lol

Good Idea Joanne. Then when you win you can buy more yarn :devil

I have a one track mind :lol

HI everyone! I missed a chat last night! I was watching the olympics and falling asleep at the same time. The magic chair. You all know what happened. I don't need to tell you.

I got all the laundry done today. The laundry elf will fold it tomorrow (sorry Stacy!). I am going to sit here and pay bills. I hate that job. I hate to give my money away.

Joanne - I hear you got some good yarn for flannelghans! I can't wait to see them!

Mary - Have fun with DS tomorrow!

LeaAnne - Did you catch up with you laundry?

Beth - Thank you for figuring out the pattern for me! I appreciate it!

Shannon - Glad you had fun at the concert!

I hope everyone had a great Valentine's day. It was a very quiet one here. The dinner dishes are cleaned up and after the bills are paid I am going to crochet the brown and pink baby blanket.

Have a great night all!

Quiet here- everyone must be having a wonderful day! I finished the throw for my step grandaughter. Took a pic but it is too dark in here- I'll try and take another as soon as I get home from work tomorrow- hopefully it'll still be somewhat light out!

Cya on the flip side!

quick flyby to say hello before I head to bed. As you can imagine from my post in prayers/warm thoughts things are pretty hectic right now. Between waiting to find out what's going on with fiance's truck, we're actually kinda hoping they consider it totaled as it means the insurance would pay it off, we have a second vehicle so that would give us extra money to use to pay off other bills, which will give us even more money and really lower our stress levels.

Plus we're going to be spending this week getting fiance's mom's house fixed up as her and her husband will be taking in her husband's daughter and kids until they're doing better (physically, emotionally and financially). We've got a lot to do and little time to do it as the 7 year old will most likely be getting out of the hospital either tomorrow or Wednesday (which happens to be her 8th b-day) and we'll need to get things set up for her and her brother and when their mom is released, so we've got to start painting and laying the laminate wood flooring... so I'll be pretty busy and tired.

Good morning everyone- Happy President's Day to my US friends. Too bad my company doesn't consider this a holiday! DH is off though as are the schools! Sarah- you have a lot on your plate right now- remember to rest when you can- We're here for you and prayers and hugs are coming your way!

Have a great Monday and I'll see you all later! Remember your vitamins!

Mornin, besties.

Sarah, you are in my prayers. Don't push too hard! I'm glad the little girl will be getting out of the hospital for her birthday. that's a good present.

Joanne, don't work too hard.

Happy Flag Day to our Canadian friends, and happy President's day to our US friends!

Must go -- too much to do.

Good Monday morning Besties! (if there is such a thing!)

It was quiet here yesterday. I guess everyone was spending time with their sweethearts.

Sarah- :hug You all are in my prayers. Thank you for stopping by and letting us know what's going on. We're here for you. Don't forget to take care of yourself.

I didn't get my gift finished for DD. I'll have to give it to her some other time. So I have to finish that and as much of LeaAnne's flag square as I can before Ash Wednesday. Then it will be all charity work until Easter!:rabbit

Have a great day everyone!! Love ya!:manyheart:ghug

Archived