Some good clean fun?!

I understand your dilemma Colleen. You'll probably have a better idea of what to do once you look through the rest of the house.

I'm hoping to meet up with my middle DD this weekend so we can donate the school supplies. I bought $20.00 of school supplies when they had the big sales at Target and Walmart at the beginning of the month to donate to Jersey Cares.

Good for you Joanne, that's nice. Did she have a break from school for the summer? Has the fall semester started up again? How long is her program?

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Joanne, the youngest is the married one with the dog, right?

Yes, that's right. They went to Great Adventure and she posted a pic of this ride called King Da Ka which is the tallest, fastest roller coaster on earth. Pretty scary looking to me- but she loved it!!!

Colleen - my spring job will not be back. He is starting kindergarten. I am looking for something for the fall and beyond... maybe ACMoore or Joann's:devil

hooray for DD and her craft today! what did she make?

Joanne -

WTG on the granny stripe. I just started a granny today. one of your never-endings for the Charity CAL:D It's a fun change of pace

Good for you Joanne, that's nice. Did she have a break from school for the summer? Has the fall semester started up again? How long is her program?

She starts after Labor Day- and her program is 2 years- so she has another year and 1/2. She had the summer off from classes.

I used to love big rollercoasters...then I turned twenty-something and my stomach couldn't take it.

LeaAnne - She got the wood cut outs that are kinda like paper dolls (2-dimensional) and a shopping mall that she coloured in with markers. She loved it and has named the dolls and decided who works at which store and what they are buying. :manyheart

What colour is your granny, LeaAnne?

Colleen - my spring job will not be back. He is starting kindergarten. I am looking for something for the fall and beyond... maybe ACMoore or Joann's:devil

hooray for DD and her craft today! what did she make?

Joanne -

WTG on the granny stripe. I just started a granny today. one of your never-endings for the Charity CAL:D It's a fun change of pace

Well if you did work in ACM or Joann's you'd never be at a loss for yarn- especially with an employee discount! I'd never bring home a paycheck:lol:lol:lol

Do you know who you are going to donate the never-ending to? It is a fun mindless project. So is the granny stripe!!! I want to try a granny ripple that I saw on Ravelry- it looks really neat.

Joanne - That's nice that she got a break from classes from the summer. Is she enjoying it? I know it was a big decision for her to make. So will this qualify her to teach art?

LeaAnne - I hope you find something. Have you put applications in at AC Moore and Joanns? That would be a nice job. Can your oldest chickens look after the younger ones so you can work outside school hours?

Joanne - That's nice that she got a break from classes from the summer. Is she enjoying it? I know it was a big decision for her to make. So will this qualify her to teach art?

LeaAnne - I hope you find something. Have you put applications in at AC Moore and Joanns? That would be a nice job. Can your oldest chickens look after the younger ones so you can work outside school hours?

Yes, i have. They should be looking to hire in a few weeks. And I am comfortable to leave the chickens for a couple hours if I need to. I am lucky that they all are still friends, too, which means that they all look out for each other.

Colleen- that sounds so cute! My girls loved doing crafty projects- and I loved that it kept them busy!!!

She's really starting to enjoy that type of thing. Always has, but now chooses to do it rather than waiting for me to put it in front of her. She told me that if she makes money selling toys she's going to spend it all at Michaels (I doubt she would, because she's a toy lover, but she's a girl after my own heart).

medium azure and beige... it was in my stash:clap

Sounds pretty and gender neutral, that's always a plus for a donated blanket.

I used to love big rollercoasters...then I turned twenty-something and my stomach couldn't take it.

LeaAnne - She got the wood cut outs that are kinda like paper dolls (2-dimensional) and a shopping mall that she coloured in with markers. She loved it and has named the dolls and decided who works at which store and what they are buying. :manyheart

What colour is your granny, LeaAnne?

DD sounds so cute and creative... must take after her momma!:U

Yes, i have. They should be looking to hire in a few weeks. And I am comfortable to leave the chickens for a couple hours if I need to. I am lucky that they all are still friends, too, which means that they all look out for each other.

My fingers are crossed for you, LeaAnne. I hope something works out. I haven't had any responses to my ad for child care and there are tons of ads out there, so I'm a little frustrated. I wish I could think of something else I could do from home.

Colleen- Once she finishes, she'll have a Master's in Art Education so she'll be able to teach art- she would love to teach at the college level- but that's really hard to get into- except as an adjunct professor. I think she does some student teaching this year, or maybe it's January she starts that.

LeaAnne- I think I would love working in a craft store or in a bookstore. Maybe when I don't HAVE to make a certain amt of $. (I'm still paying off some student loans for my DD's) I'll be glad when that is done! My ex was supposed to pay 1/2 of their college, but that didn't happen.

That's a good idea, but I don't think so. I was thinking if I could get a few hours of office work a week...maybe for someone who is self employed or owns a small business and doesn't need or want to pay someone full-time. :shrug DD suggested a lemonade stand :manyheart

Colleen,

Maybe once school starts and folks realize that they need someone to watch their kids after school something will open up.

LeaAnne- what are you going to make with your "birthday yarn" You mentioned that the colors you got match your living room. I just love Vanna's yarn- that's what I'm useing on my granny stripe.

The azure/beige combo in a never ending granny is going to be nice!

That's a good idea, but I don't think so. I was thinking if I could get a few hours of office work a week...maybe for someone who is self employed or owns a small business and doesn't need or want to pay someone full-time. :shrug DD suggested a lemonade stand :manyheart

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol about the lemonade stand:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Seriously, though, maybe a small business would need someone a few hours a week- is your DD going to be in school full day? Or 1/2 day?

Colleen - what about being a "virtual assistant"? I have a friend who does it... basically you do admin from home for businesses in your area that don't necessarily need a full time employee.

Joanne - I don't know yet what kind of ghan I want with that Vanna's... it's soooo nice! I keep thinking maybe a granny stripe, but I don't know.

I have a cute DD story to share. Joanne, you'll like this one. She was saying Humpty Dumpty the other day and I listened closely and instead of "all the king's horses and all the king's men" she was saying "all the king's nurses and all the king's men couldn't put humpty dumpty together again". She figured it made more sense that the nurses would try to help him :lol

Archived