Some good clean fun?!

Hi Joanne! Yes, she's asleep. We haven't done anything else to the room because the carpet comes.....drum roll please.....Thursday!!!!

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi Joanne! Yes, she's asleep. We haven't done anything else to the room because the carpet comes.....drum roll please.....Thursday!!!!

:yay That must feel fantastic to be in the home stretch now.

WOW what a room. I don't think I have that much yarn yet.:yes

Yet :rofl

Colleen- It's beige. Very pretty. She did tell me that she had to make a pillowcase out of material first. Then put the pineapple pillowcase over it.

Speaking of pineapples--I am addicted to them right now! The fruit-type, not the yarn-type.

Shannon, how exciting! Maybe you answered this already but, is the carpet pink too?

Stacy- did your Dad get home safe and sound? And how is FIL feeling after running the marathon?

Yes, he called this morning to say he arrived safely. He took a red-eye and got home at about 8 a.m. EST.

FIL is fine. I am just amazed by him. 65 and running a marathon- and this was his 12th or 13th! I was actually thinking of starting to train and maybe run with him next year. I'm not a huge fan of running, though.

I love pineapples- the symbol of hospitality! I have a wooden one in my kitchen- it used to hang in my mom's kitchen- it was from Williamsburg VA (Beth's neck of the woods) I love it! My lamps in the family room are pineapple- they are Lenox lamps we got at Home Goods for 39.00 a piece- that was such a bargain!

Mary, your secret cracked me up! I won't tell!

Hey there Stacy! The carpet is beige, with darker flecks in it....I think. I haven't seen it since we ordered it, which was about a week after I joined this group!:eek

Shhhhhhhhhhhh Colleen don't tell Dh. I have yarn stashed at Mom's house. :devil

Don't worry Mary, I don't type THAT loudly, he'll never hear it from me :lol:wink

I've never heard that about pineapples....the hospitality thing. DD complains that they make her fingers sting :lol

My yarn made it out of the car trunk and I think that is why DH decided I needed some drawers to put it in. (Of course he didn't see the tote I filled and put out in the garage- it is in front of where I park my car ---he has no idea that is there!:lol

I am not a fan of running either- too hard on the knees- but I do like fast walking- and riding a bicycle. Maybe you could join DH on abicycle next year to give FIL snacks/water and cheer him on?

Mary- I'm with you- I don't have that much yarn......yet:lol

People who run in marathons are amazing! I don't run, ever since a boy named Rashad told me I run like a duck in 3rd grade.

Stacy, I had to laugh about your Barbie warehouse comment. I think we have the Canada warehouse location at our house. Last we counted we were at 16 Barbies, or something like that. Crazy!

Colleen- google Pineapple sign of hospitality and you'll find a couple of articles about it- kind of interesting. My mom had taught me about it. She always said you should have some pineapply things in the house as a sign of welcome. I even bought a garden flag with a "welcome" and picture of a pineapple!

Archived