Yarn question

I keep seeing all the posts regarding round ripple afghans. I am wondering :think how much yarn is needed in order to complete one. I would love to do one and I have some yarn that I bought for a blanket for me but I don' know if I have enough :huh. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Vicki

I usually use:

I hook with RH or Caron 4ply WW.

K or L with Joanns Boucle

Bates N with 2 strands of Caron or RH

How much you're going to use is going to totally depend upon how big you want to make it and which yarn you're using. I made an almost 4 foot baby ghan with 1 pound of boucle. I made an 8 1/2 foot 2 strand RR and that took almost 7 pounds of yarn. (It was 7 pounds to mail it)

The one pet peeve I have about RRs is that once it gets big enough to be grown up size there is just so much room between the points that I always end up adding extras in between. What's really cool is that if you're only going to add 1 set of points it doesn't have to be perfect. The can be shorter or longer than the origonals. Offsetting the points gives it a really cool look.

I would say for a grown up ghan you're going to use between 2 and 3 pounds. (I LOVE Caron pounders! and the new Bates bamboo hook J is prfect for it!) I just had to buy a 3rd pounder for my spiderman RR and it's 5 1/2 feet across with extra points. It's almost finished but I still didn't have enough yarn for it.

I usually use:

I hook with RH or Caron 4ply WW.

K or L with Joanns Boucle

Bates N with 2 strands of Caron or RH

How much you're going to use is going to totally depend upon how big you want to make it and which yarn you're using. I made an almost 4 foot baby ghan with 1 pound of boucle. I made an 8 1/2 foot 2 strand RR and that took almost 7 pounds of yarn. (It was 7 pounds to mail it)

The one pet peeve I have about RRs is that once it gets big enough to be grown up size there is just so much room between the points that I always end up adding extras in between. What's really cool is that if you're only going to add 1 set of points it doesn't have to be perfect. The can be shorter or longer than the origonals. Offsetting the points gives it a really cool look.

I would say for a grown up ghan you're going to use between 2 and 3 pounds. (I LOVE Caron pounders! and the new Bates bamboo hook J is prfect for it!) I just had to buy a 3rd pounder for my spiderman RR and it's 5 1/2 feet across with extra points. It's almost finished but I still didn't have enough yarn for it.

Yea, what she said....:lol

But I CAN NOT work with JoAnns Boucle, and it makes me mad as a hornet because I want to make a Seraphina shawl so badly out of it!!!!

I usually use redheart or I love this yarn from hobby lobby and the trusty I hook...

Archived