Embellishment Tips, Tricks, Texture and Trim...

heart

I believe everything we make either for gifts, charity or self is a work of art. It takes time, money, talent and heart to do what we do. Some of the most charitible, caring people I know are crocheters. I think if we are going to take the time and talent to make something we should make it be all it can be, Yep, I've adopted the Army's motto. ;) Here are some of my favorite embellishments.

1239975552.jpg This little beanie is with a set for emeraldjayne's preg. center. It has 3 embellishments.

~First it is a basic dc beanie pattern. alternating dc and hdc, like this (working in a round, starting with a ring)

R1, 12dc, turn,

R2 24dc, turn,

R3, 36hdc, turn,

R4 48dc, turn,

R5 60dc turn,

R6, 60hdc, turn,

R7 60 hdc, turn,

R8 60 dc turn, ect. Nifty texture.

~Then the trim, is a mimic of knitting k2, p2, so you crochet 2dc, 2fpdc, 2dc, 2fpdc, around, the second row is dc in each dc and fpdc in each fpdc.

~The last trick on this little beanie is to take a yarn needle and the row before the trim, in a free loop, go around and around each free loop with a contrasting color and tie off inside the hat to hide the ends.

th_1239975212.jpg (clickable)

100_0612.jpg This is my favorite picot petal stitch. At the end of your beanie, do 3dc, ch2, slst in top of the last dc made, 2dc, all in the same st, skip a st, sc in next st, skip a st, then repeat starting with the picot petal. You may have to add a st or skip an extra st at the end depending on your row's st count, but it won't be noticible.

1239975708.jpg (this is my original design, I haven't completely worked out the written pattern yet. It has lots of fpdc and 2dctog.sts. ;) )

A scalloped trim, in size 10 thread, my basic pattern is 7dc in same st, skip a stitch, sc in next st, skip a st. Repeat around. Combining thread and yarn has a beautiful effect. It doesn't really take to much time, but the results look like you've spent endless hours making something super special. :D (to those who don't know how to crochet)

Hope you all like my ideas and can use them where/how you want. ;) Though if you use the picot flower petal, it'd be nice if you linked here. :D Thanks and enjoy!!:yay

Archived