What Do you use when your crochet bag isnt big enough?

Donna G

• 3 weeks later...

Glad you found something that works -- I second the leave at home and start a smaller project (maybe a matching pillow?), but I wonder if a larger gym bag would work as well. I've also heard of people using pillowcases to keep their afghan clean; they have the current row and the two before sticking out and fastened to the case with clothespins with the rest safe in the case. For a large afghan, maybe a king-size pillowcase would work?

I use a Longaberger basket for my projects, I have several, I also leave it home and start a new project when it gets to big, but I crochet mainly with thread so the basket works great...

• 2 weeks later...

I found huge tote bags at Costco packaged 3 for $5! They are called Think Green bags. I have all of the yarn and supplies for a full sized afghan in it. 21" x 11" x 15" deep. Even if I do not take it with me, I still want to keep the yarn together so I don't accidentally use some of it in another project!

• 1 month later...

Land's End makes great totes -- I can fit well over 20 skeins of ILTY in their large tote!! If you live by a Lands End Inlet that sells the catalog returns you can get them on the cheap -- that is if you're okay with having someone else's initials on them!! :)

i hate to say it but i sometimes carry 2 bags. i am blessed to be able to crochet during the down time at my job. i am a 911 call-taker and work at nite.. i always take a couple of projects to work with me because i never know what i might want to work on. dh thinks it is crazy to "cart" all that stuff around with me. i dont listen and just keep taking it. if i dont have my hooks with me i always feel like i am not "dressed" but i agree the xl ziploc bags would work great. they are really big and have a handle at the top.

Archived