Can you suggest a baby doll (Cdn)?

I am thinking that I need to buy a baby doll for showing my baby hats. Do any of you have a recommendation for a doll that would be the right size for baby hats?

I am in Canada so that affects what might be around.

I see the babies at my local stores but I am not sure which would best exemplify the size of newborns or 0-3mo size.

I am so out of touch with babies these days... :(

Lots to Love baby dolls are the cutest and very low priced. They come in different sizes so you can pick and choose. There are other very real looking dolls available, but I can't justify their price just to model a hat. If you were doing whole outfits though, you might want them. Here is a small sampling of some on the internet, but I got my 8" one in a department store for 10.00. This site has the newer Toddler version too!!

I have a smaller one of those and I think the 14 inch size might work. I'll check them out at my local stores. It is mostly about fitting a hat so the size comes into the equation.

You are correct that I don't want to spend a ton of money on a hat model. :wlol

I bought a 20" doll for trying on baby clothes and hats here:

http://www.anniesattic.com/detail.html?prod_id=23814

I've had to use it alot lately, since I've been making Babyshower gifts.

Carol:hook

Hi, I too, have been looking for a doll to display my little crochet outfits! I sell at craft fairs and I find it much nicer when the little hats or sweaters displayed.

That is a great looking doll that Annie has there. Did it cost much for shipping , if you don't mind me asking. I live in Canada too, Newfoundland! I wonder if Walmart sells them? lol:) Judy

I heard Walmart did. I looked on there website, but I didn't see it there. I also heard Toys 'R Us did too, but didn't see it on there website either. Not sure if you have one in your area.

Carol:hook

I am going to head out to walmart or to Zellers this week and will look for that one. I think I may have seen it there but I wouldn't bet the rent money on that. :rofl

As a doll collector (in a small way) I have seen several different types of dolls. So I just wanted to suggest you check on the arms & legs if it matters to you. Some of the dolls have full vinyl limbs and some of them have vinyl hands/feet with cloth limbs. If you want to display short sleeve or sleeveless items you would need a doll with full vinyl limbs.

That one at Annie's Attic is very cute :D I would guess it has cloth arms by the look of that pose, but I don't know for sure.

That one at Annie's Attic is very cute :D I would guess it has cloth arms by the look of that pose, but I don't know for sure.

I have several of these dolls and yes they do have mostly cloth limbs, and Walmart sells them for under $20 here in the US. I have also found them at Toys R Us.

Take measurements of what head size should be. My 13" has a 12.5" diameter head just above ears. Lots to Love dolls have very large heads as compared to body size.

Well, I still have the doll I was given for my 4th birthday and she's now a senior citizen! She's baby size so is ideal for measuring hats. Baby hats are so quick and easy that even if it turns out the wrong size it will inevitably fit someone's baby. Zaraliz

Well, I still have the doll I was given for my 4th birthday and she's now a senior citizen! She's baby size so is ideal for measuring hats. Baby hats are so quick and easy that even if it turns out the wrong size it will inevitably fit someone's baby. Zaraliz

I agree with this but I am more interested in having a photographer's model for the hats. I don't currently have a baby doll that can model them for me.

I went to Walmart and Zellers tonight to look at the dolls. Walmart had a 20 inch doll for 19.99, but the head was very small, cloth arms, vinyl legs, it was too small to display newborn baby hats.

So then I went to Zellers, they had a very nice newborn size doll there, would be great for displaying hats, but it had cloth legs and body, it was no good because it couldn't sit up. I need a doll that would display hats and sweaters, that I could probably sit on my craft table for a display. It was real cute though,& it only cost 19.99.

I wish we had ToysrUs. Oh well maybe I'll try at Canadian Tire ,they sell toys too!:)

Thank you for that report. We have a TRU in St. Catharines but it is hard to get to unless you have a very willing friend.

I hope to make the trek tomorrow or Wed.

Archived