Baby Blanket Help Please

Hi Ladies,

I was on here before as Kitty Crochet having lots of problems doing the BICO sweater, and everyone here was so helpful.

I'm baaaccck. I want to crochet a baby blanket.......doesn't have to be big for my new grandchildren who's due in Sept! I want something SIMPLE but pretty. I'm dizzy from looking at patterns, and knew you ladies would have good advice.

BTW, the BICO outside went to my grandson who is now 2 and the total love of my life. So I have to make everything as special for No. 2. Two different sons' children.

Thanks in advance.

How about a round ripple? And if you search the site, there are several long posts that can pretty much walk you through it (that's what I did!) It's a beautiful pattern and enjoyable to crochet.

• 2 weeks later...

This is my go-to baby blanket. I have lots of patterns, but I always return to this one. It is easy and converts to different yarns. I started making it with Jamie baby yarn years ago, but have also used Caron Simply Soft.

http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/cja-babySet.html?noImages=0

HTH!

the "bubbles" blanket is super easy. i'm doing that right now. the pattern comes free when you buy "lion brand pound of love". it's on the label at a hooded blanket. i'm just making the hood part.

I too prefer the bubbles baby blanket which you can find here http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com/patterns/bubbles_baby_blanket.php without the hood. What is nice about this pattern is that you can use more than one type of yarn or you can make it holding one strand, two or even three. You can change hook sizes to make it bigger or smaller or you can change the multiples for different sizes. And it works up SO beautiful. It looks lovely without a border or you can put a border on it of your choice. But whatever you choose to do I am sure it will be beautiful and your family will love it.:yay

I love the Tiramisu afghan, also. I got bored using single crochet in it, so I changed it to half double and it is looking good. I am making one now for my soon to be born Grandson, Otto, in light beige. I am going to put a light green ribbon around it to match his new bedding. Oh, he'll be one stylish babe! lol!

Alicia Paulson is a very cool designer. If you belong to Ravelry you can see like 30 photo pages of this afghan. It is classic.

:hug,

Lorry

Archived