Aunt Lydia's Double Strand Cotton & DMC's Cebelia Crochet Cotton

Suzee

Question

I was in Hobby Lobby, and they were clearancing 4 balls of each. I got them at a little under 1/2 price. I checked the websites and am having difficulty figuring out how to use these threads. :think Any suggestions or ideas would be VERY helpful. Thank you. :hook

8 answers to this question

What size is the Cebelia? Cebelia is a higher-end crochet thread commonly used in bookmarks, doilies, sachets, table runners and the like. It's wonderful stuff, one of my favorite lines of crochet thread!

The two-stranded stuff -- IIRC -- is another crochet thread that is slightly thicker and would also be used for the same as the Cebelia -- I've also seen some gorgeous bags and garments (ponchos, tanks) made from it.

When they first came out with double-strand thread,I thought "Well,I've been doing this on my own for years"!

I have always used double-strands of #10 thread for all my thread projects.It does make an item bigger(doilies,bookmarks,purses,etc),but thay are just as pretty.

http://www.yarncat.com/crothreadprojects.html

You can make any type of filet crochet with the size 10 - purses, tablecloths, curtains, and doilies....I just started a sweater top with the double stranded..it was featured in the latest issue of Crochet Fantasy...however, the yoke of the top - which was updated from a 1950's pattern is not right...what they ask you to do - and how many stiches you should have by row four is not mathematically possible - I have written both the editors of the magazine and the pattern writer for help...but I think I figured it out...if you are interested let me know!

Xantha...The Cebelia is #10 and mint green. I have 4 balls of it. :hook

Earthwhisper...Loved the frogs! :D

Yarncat...Thank you for the tip. I have two balls of black & white double-stranded, one myrtle green/parrot green combo, and the last one is a chambray/navy combo. :)

Hookedoncrochet...Thank you for the info. And, yes, I'd love to see it! :hook

Emeraldmoon...Thank you! :)

Sharon...What a neat idea! :hook

Archived