looking album cover

emeraldjayne62

am looking for someone that does album covers. I need a book cover to put a list of cancer squares in. I have a list of squares, that have been donated in the name of someone for the afghan of HOPE a TIME TO REMEMBER, and I would like a loose leaf note book cover, like the ones you do for photo albums, so that I can display the list of people with cancer that has had a square made for them. If anyone can help please let me know:think:hug

hmmmm...

do you mean like a scrapbooking type thing?

You might call your local JoAnn's or Hobby Lobby (if you have one) and see if they have classes available. If they do, they can probably give you the contact info for the instructor. If the instructor doesn't do things on commission, maybe she knows somebody who does.

I used to know of a company that people were doing scrapbook parties at home with....I was invited to at least a half a dozen, but didn't go to a single one. Maybe somebody here can tell you the name of the company and you can find a local representative.

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

hm, I'll try to explain it...see if this helps. Batting is your choice. If you use batting, get the fairly thin quilt batting (it unrolls) rather than regular stuffing. Cut to fit cover of book, glue in place (hot glue)..

Oops, before that, if it's a spiral bound book, you want a "cover" for the spiral. Get some poster board, cut to the HEIGHT of the book. Starting at front cover, glue in place, being somewhat generous around the spiral (remember the old photo-albums with stick in pages?)

now glue on batting if you want.

Now find some fabric that works for what you want. You need it cut at least 4" wider and higher than the book when laying open (actually, also when it's closed...careful, with a curved spine, closed is actually longer, but open is easier to measure). What I've done then is cut "triangles" out of each corner, so that the pieces don't fold over eachother so badly (that extra bump of fabric is a pain)...but not all the way to the album, or the corner will push out. Start with the front cover's "side" edge, and gently glue the end flap down. Do the same with the back cover's "side". Now work your way around and do tops and bottoms.

You probably want the inside cover to look nicer than that too (mine look messy at this point.) Cut fabric squares about the same size as the inside cover. Fold the edges in. Glue in place over the cover. (You can also fold the fabric around card-stock cut to fit...about 1/2" smaller than size of cover...and then glue in place)

With all this fabric...fabric glue works best.

Hope This Helps...hope it made sense.

check out http://www.TipNut.com, for more ideas. lots of tips and crafts...this could also be done with nice scrapbooking paper...only slightly different method, really.

Archived