Ideas for crocheting an indian meal?

I want to crochet an indian meal, and I am looking for ideas for what kind of things I could include. I have thought of making a poppodom, bowl of rice and something else on a crocheted dish. Has anyone got any ideas of how/what I could crochet to create an awesome full indian meal??

perhaps a dish of tandoori chicken? and mebbe a bowl of dal (lentils to eat with rice) to round it off nicely! im sure if you do an image search you'll find inspiring photos!

im so curious however.. how come an indian meal?

Marci,

you mean American Indian, you know that corn or Maze is a big american indian food. Sorry you didn't say american in your first post and in this great melting pot I live in, I don't think american indian rather India's indians

I'm looking for ideas to crochet indian food (not native american). So I've looked at some images of indian thali meals and am getting some ideas for things I could crochet, such as little bowls with different colours for the food inside, and individual little vegetables such as beans and carrots. But how will I crochet a mound of rice???? Does anyone have an idea for how I could do that?

to me a popcorn stitch comes to mind when i think of crocheting rice! i really cant point you towards a pattern tho.. i think you might have to wing it from here! :) any bumpy, textured stitch should work for the rice!

Archived