Starting Fair Projects

I found a really cute pattern for a chicken pot holder and that will be my first project for the county fair.

I plan on making a Christening gown, a baby afghan, and a few other things.

I have to start now so that I get it done by August!:lol Actually, I usually make about 10 items and it takes a while to get them done.

So who's all entering their county fairs this year?

Is it your first?

It's a lot of fun to enter your items and see how they do.

Best of luck to everyone.

:manyheart

:jumpyay I plan to enter the fair this year. This will be my third year entering. I think I am going to enter my Calla Lily Cowl in the crocheted sweater category. I have a couple potholder patterns that I have picked out, perhaps I should make them. :lol

I keep saying that I have nothing to crochet. I'm in a rut right now, but you have definately got my mine thinking! :h5

I'm thinking about entering this year - this would be my first year and I'm a little hesitant. I'm working on a filet piece right now that is Elvis' profile. I'm not sure if it would work or not. My mom is also saying she wants to put one of my afghans in there (it's going fit a queen size bed) but I haven't finished that yet so we'll see.

Our fair is in June this year. Last year was my first time entering and I did really good. We only have one category "needlework" and that includes embrodery, cross stitch, quilting, knitting, sewing, crochet etc and gives awards for best in show and best in needlework, best of needlework goes on to the state fair. Last year my christening gown got best in show while someone's cross stitch got best of needlework. This year I want to do an afghan, a baby outfit, another christening gown, and maybe enter some photographs. I have already ordered my yarn for my afghan and I will be starting that when it arrives.

Best of luck to everyone who enters!!!!

:cheer:clap:cheerYup, I am planning on entering our Fair in August. This will be my 2nd yr. Last yr I entered 10 items and I took 10 Blue Ribbons plus the Rosette for Most Points. My son's girlfriend was inspired to also work on items for entering this yr also.

I really need to get cracking. When I get items done, I will try to post pics to my blog.

It took me 60 years to enter my first county fair & I've entered the last four years. Our next fair is in April but I might not have anything completed by then.

I made my first project this week. A chicken shaped potholder with flowers on it. From Whimsical Potholders book. It turned out pretty cute.

Last year, they added new catagories and Potholders was one of them. I got a first prize for a round potholder.

I won't be doing anything! Our fair is next month! Just a few weeks actually.

Well, maybe next year. Don't get discouraged.

Archived