Cradle Dolls @Wal-Mart on clearance

I know a lot you who make the cradle doll purses are like me and buy the small dolls at wal-mart for something like .97. I was at wal-mart today and for some reason decided to go down the clearance aisle and there sat three boxes of the dolls on clearance for .75 each. I asked a clerk and she told me if they are on clearance they won't be stocking them anymore. :(

Thought I would give everyone a heads up to check their wal-mart and stock up if any are left.

Our walmart never had them, as far as I can tell...I couldn't find them any time I looked. (I used the 3" kewpies from Hobby Lobby and gave them little dresses) Nice find on the clearance sale :yay

I feel dumb. What exactly is sold as a cradle doll? :think

They aren't sold as "cradle" dolls, I called them that because it has been discussed a lot on the board about where to find the small dolls to fit in the crocheted cradle purses and many go to Wal-Mart and buy these small dolls, they are sold in the toy section with the baby dolls only they are about 5"-6". Sometimes it is difficult to find the small dolls for the cradle purses.

I'm glad I picked up extra dolls the other day because yesterday I sold three purses!! Oh...but one had a doll baby, one had a puppy, and the other had a bunny. I made the bunny in a carrot bunting.

Archived