RR homespun???

I have been successfully using Aggie Mays pattern for my round ripples....I just bought some "home spun", and plan to use it for the first time...any suggestions on variations from the "norm" when using homespun?

thx;)

Ummm......Using homespun--try beating your head against the wall. It might help! :lol

Definitely don't use any pattern that requires going into the stitches. They're almost impossible to see and it splits and fuzzes something awful. However, it does work up really soft if you can find a pattern that makes it tolerable to use.

I despise the stuff. And I've got a whole lot of it that might sister found as a great bargain. I think I'll buy her kids all really noisy toys to get even! :D

Good luck!

:hook Colleen

Sorry, I should clarify...I plan to use the homespun for the first time on a RR. I have actually used homespun before, and don't mind it at all with the right sized hook.

So I guess my question is really only relative to the Round Ripple.

;)

I made one but I mixed 2 strands of ww in to help actually hold and support the shape of it. It's so soft that it just kinda of looks like a lump without definition.

P4160206.jpg

Now that's a great idea!!

:hook Colleen

I made one but I mixed 2 strands of ww in to help actually hold and support the shape of it. It's so soft that it just kinda of looks like a lump without definition.

P4160206.jpg

That is beautiful! Makes me want to go out and buy some of that yarn and try one myself! The colors are fantastic!

Hi Michelle!! I made a RR of Aggie Mays Pattern out of Homespun, and it turned out beautiful!! It was for a gift, and let me tell you, she LOVED it. I am a HUGE fan of Homespun, I used a J hook, I started with the I hok, but it wasn't laying right. SO thats my advise, But I DO crochet tightly too, yes, even with Homespun. Good luck and have fun, I can't wait to see yours! I made mine out of Tudor and the colors blend so nicely with the RR design,.

Hugs

JoAnn

Wow! I've never done a homespun with anything less than an N hook. I think I'll try it with a K, and see how it goes. I really don't know how I feel about mixing it with a WW....then again...Homespuns not as heavy as ww. :think decisions decisions....

Archived