Doily Mirror

Just got back from Target. They're putting out their Jan/Feb stuff. You know that section that is right across from food and seasonal in most Targets? Where they have dishes or decorative things.

They had a bunch of frames and decorative mirrors. One mirror set had four mirrors and they were all etched. One of the four had a crocheted doily etched on it.

I know this could go in the 'spotted' section but I thought here more people might see it, go to Target, get the mirror set, put in their craft room or area. You could even give the other three mirrors as gifts.

http://www.target.com/Umbra-Crocheta-Mirrored-Wall-Tiles/dp/B001E6UJKK/sr=1-9/qid=1230754082/ref=sr_1_9/601-0200467-7844157?ie=UTF8&pricerange=&index=target&field-browse=1038576&rh=k%3Amirror%20sets&page=10

:)

Many years ago I had purchased a glass tray for a gift. It was 2 layers of glass framed with gold or silver toned filigree, and a crocheted doily was sandwiched between the layers of glass. It made a very pretty gift.

When I was growing up, it was quite common to have a mirrored or glass tray on the ladies dresser. Usually a small doily would be placed on the tray to protect it from the perfume bottles or other toiletries, comb, brush, etc....

I recently purchased a lovely small mirror with a gold colored filigree frame, and plan on doing a doily for it. Wish I knew about this before hand...

Archived