Tiny/small motifs CAL

SlowCrocheter

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll join in. I'm doing the Harlequin in the Herrschner's blue ribbon afghans Leisure Arts book. It calls for 956 2"X2" squares. I started this last year and then realized I needed to do other afghans for Christmas presents. So I'm in. Start number is 25 of 956. Whoohoo!

Don't know this pattern. I think I have this book too. Off to have a looksie.

28 of 956 done :) I showed hubby what I was working on and he said he wouldn't sew in the ends. boo :( guess I better spend some time sewing in ends. also forgot to mention what yarn i'm using...lion brands vanna's choice.

I found a bunch of patterns for Motifs, I've made probably about 10 in the past 3 days, loving it.

It's great to get through this scrap yarn and come up with something unique for it all!

And as SlowCrocheter said, dealing with the ends is wonderful if you do it as you go and not all at the end.

Carousel, that is soooo beautiful!

38 of 956 done. decided I would do the ends when I finish each batch of 44. I will post pics on monday when i'm back in the office. currently posting mobile. I also need to decide on the 19 different colors I want to use. started looking on-line at lion brand and got overwhelmed with the vanna's choice choices. may have to fly by the seat of my pants on them. any color suggestions are welcome. I have green, orange and blue/gray colors so far. don't know the names and I tossed the wrapper for them.

Yellow, browns, reds, grey.... The sky's the limit. lol

I have some more done too but well wait till in the morning to update my total. I do most my crocheting after supper these days.

Keep going Sara sounds like your off to a good start.

I put off doing the Grandmothers Garden Path. I would have to buy yarn for the path. I was thinking of making the same hexagons but just make a scrap afghan with them.

And then giving that as the Dirty Santa present I need to make for Christmas.

I am coming along pretty nicely with my Let Freedom Ring and well soon have to buy the soft navy blue I need to complete it.

So how are you all coming alone?

Okay - I finally pulled out the bag with my inherited afghan in it. The pattern is called Baby Grannies and has 286 2 1/4" granny squares. The good news is that all the grannies are done!!! The bad news only 64 were sewn together! I would 1000 times rather make the motifs than sew them together! :rofl This one takes a size C hook to sew them together so it is a challenge for my eyeballs more than anything!!! I'm going to try to sew together a strip a night so I have 5 of 18 strips done. I have yet to figure out about posting a picture here so maybe that will be my goal for this wee to try to get that done!

Well my first dishcloth is horrible. lol Wont lay flat. But oh well I have lots of cotton yarn and can try again.

So I have made more motifs. Have not counted them.

Also I am working on my 2 seven inch squares for my exchange. But have all month to do those.

Hope you all are getting lots of tiny motifs done.

Well I have been really slack on this project. But the good news is I have finished my other projects upto date so now I'm off to do some of these motifs. Should have a picture tomorrow.

Sara your little girl and the motifs look great.

Even though my tiny squares measure right for what the pattern calls for. It looks like I am going to need 3 skiens of each color instead of two like the pattern calls for.

Has any ever had that happen?

all the time.

i measured my squares. they are 3/4" bigger than the pattern called for. but the yarn and hook combo it called for wasn't working for me. the yarn kept getting caught and i was fighting every stitch, so i went a larger hook. i have no clue how much yarn i'll end up using. :think

Archived