Simple Treats Purse Duo

champygirl

I posted a pic of these last summer and a few people asked about a pattern. Well I finally got it typed up:cheer. I needed a break from working on christmas presents. :eek:lol

So here it is enjoy!!! :hook If anyone finds an error please give me a pm.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Simple Treats Purse Duo

post-11825-135897401209_thumb.jpg

post-11825-135897401213_thumb.jpg
Photobucket pic links: here and here
A Small Cupcake and Ice cream Cone purse pattern

Copyright to champygirl December 5, 2008

Materials:

For cupcake purse:
Worsted weight yarn in a cake color and frosting color
Size E hook
Yarn Needle

For Icecream Cone purse:
Worsted Weight yarn in a cone color and Ice cream color
Size E hook
Yarn Neede

Note: See tips at the end of the patterns on how to add sprinkles (beads) and how to make your Ice cream cone with sauce.

Note: Sometimes when I’m working in back loops only, I like to go in both back loops.
Here’s a Diagram:

post-11825-135897401211_thumb.jpg
Photbucket pic link: here

Directions for Cupcake purse:

Cake part:

Rnd 1: With Cake color Ch2 (leaving a tail), 6 sc in 2nd chain from hook crocheting over tail and join with sl st to first sc. (6sc)
Pull tail taut to close hole from starting.
Rnd 2: Ch1, 2 sc in same st as joining, 2 sc in each of the next 5 sts and join with sl st to first sc. (12sc)
Rnd 3: Ch1, 1sc in same st as joining, [2 sc in next st, 1 sc in next st] Do this5 times, 2 sc in next st and join with sl st to first sc. (18sc)
Rnd 4:Ch1, 2 sc in same st a joining, 1 sc in each of the next 2 sts, [2 sc in next st, 1 sc in each of the next 2 sts] Do this 5 times and join with st st to first sc. (24sc)
Rnd 5: Ch1, 1 sc in same st as joining, 1 sc in each of the next 23 sts working in the backloops only this rnd. Join with sl st to first sc. (24sc)
Rnd 6: Ch1, 1 sc in same st as joining going into the backloop only, 1 sc in the backloop of next st, 1 sc in each of the next 2 sts, [ 1 sc in each of the next backloop of the next 2 sts, 1 sc in each of the next 2 sts] Do this 5 times and join with a sl st to first sc. (24sc)
Rnds 7-11: Repeat Rnd 6 for Rnds 7 thru 11. (24sc)
Finish off and weave in ends.

Frosting Part:

Rnd 1: Join Frosting color with a sc to any st of Rnd 11(of cake part). 1 sc in each of the next 23 sts and jin with sl st to first sc. (24sc)
Rnd 2: Work this Rnd in back loops only. Ch 1, 2 sc in same st as joining, 1 sc in each of the next 23 sts and join with sl st to first st. (25sc)
Rnd 3: Ch1, 2 sc in same st as joining, 1 sc in each of the next 24 sts and join with a sl st to first sc. (26sc)
Rnd 4: Ch1, 2 sc in same st as joining, 1 sc in each of the next 25 sts and join with a sl st to first sc. (27sc)
Rnd 5: Ch1, 2 sc in same st as joining, 1 sc in each of the next 26 sts and join with a sl st to first sc. (28sc)
Rnd 6: Ch1, 2 sc in same st as joining, 1 sc in each of the next 27 sts and join with a sl st to first sc. (29sc)
Rnd 7: Ch1, 2 sc in same st as joining, 1 sc in each of the next 28 sts and join with a sl st to first sc. (30sc)
Note: If you find the sides at all uneven, you came do the increase (2sc) in a different stitch each Rnd.
Rnd 8: Ch1 sc in same st as joining, 1 sc in each of the next 29 sts. (30sc)
Rnd 9: Ch2, 1 hdc in same st as joining, ch1, skip next st, 1 hdc in each of the next 2 sts, [Ch1, skip next st, 1 hdc in each of the next 2 sts] Do this8 times, ch1 skip next st, 1hdc in next st, join with sl st to first hdc. (20hdc and 10 ch 1 spaces)
Note: If you want to you can do Rnd 10, I usually do it and sometimes I don’t.
Rnd 10: Ch1, 1 sc in same st as joining, 1 sc in each ch1 space and in each hdc around. Join with sl st to first sc. (30sc)

Trimming:

Join frosting color with a sc to any of the front loops left unworked on from Rnd 2 (of Frosting part) [ 5hdc in next loop, 1 sc in next loop] Do this 11 times, 5 hdc in next loop, join with sl st to first sc. Finish off and weave in ends.
Note; if you find the hdc a little overbearing, try do 5 sc instead.

Strap:

Chain 66, sl st in 2nd chain from hook and sl st in each chain across. Weave strap in and out of ch spaces of Rnd 9 (of Frosting Part). When you get it the way you want it, sl st the ends together to join strap, finish off and weave in ends. For a longer purse strap just make more chains before you start your sl sts. Or for a shorter strap just chain less. The strap can be made any length.

I have also made the strap just by holding two strands of different color yarn together, chaining however long I wanted it tightly. Then weaved the strap in the ch1 spaces of Rnd 9 and then joined the strap ends together by doing a sl st in first chain made and finished off Then I put a tassel on to jazz it up.

Directions for Ice cream cone purse:

Cone part:

Rnd1: With cone color ch2 (leaving a tail), 6 sc in 2nd chain from hook crocheting over tail and join with sl st to first sc) (6sc)
Rnd2: Ch1, 2 sc in same st as joining, 2 sc in each of the next 5 sc, join with sl st to first sc. (12sc)
Rnd 3: Work this Rnd in backloops only. Ch1, 1 sc in same st as joining, 1 sc in each of the next 11 sts, join with sl st to first sc. (12sc)
Rnd 4: Ch1, 1 sc in same st as joining. 1 sc in each of the next 11 sts, join with sl st to first sc. (12sc)
Rnds 5 thru 9: Repeat Rnd 4 for Rnds 5 thru 9. (12sc)
Note: If you want a little more texture, try alternating going through the backloop of the next st and going through both loops in the next. I have done this before and it gives it a nice texured look. I have done this from Rnd 4 to Rnd 11.
Rnd 10: Ch1, 2 sc in same st as joining, 1 sc in next st, [2 sc in next st, 1 sc in next st] Do this 5 times, join with sl st to first sc. (18sc)
Rnd 11: Ch1, 1 sc in same st as joining, 1sc in next st, 2 sc in next st, [1 sc in each of the next 2 sts, 2 sc in next st] Do this 5 times, join with sl st to first sc. (24sc)
Rnd 12: For this Rnd only work in backloops only. Ch1, 1 sc in same st as joining, 1 sc in each of the next 23 sts, join with sl st to first sc. (24sc)
Rnd 13: Ch1, 1 sc in same st as joining, 1 sc in each of the next 23 sts, join with sl st to first sc. (24sc)
Rnd 14: Ch1, 1 sc in same st as joining, 1 sc in each of the next 23 sts, join with sl st to first sc. (24sc)

Ice Cream Part:

For Ice cream part Repeat the frosting part of cup cake, doing it in the Ice cream color.

Trimming:

Join Ice cream color with a sl st to any of the front loops left unworked from Rnd 2 (of Ice cream part)[5 sc in next loop, sl st in next loop] Do this 11 times, 5 sc in next loop and sl st to first sl st to join.
Notes: If you want a little more oomph try doing a sc in place of the sl sts.

Strap:
For strap just follow the directions from the cupcake directions strap.

For Sprinkles I used 9x6mm pony beads, they were easy to work with my size E hook. (E/4-3.50mm hook)

Bead Sc Instructions: Slide bead onto hook, insert hook in next st, yarn over, pull up a loop, slide bead onto loop, yarn over, pull through both loops on hook.

For Adding some sauce to the icecream I use the spike st. I did Rnds 1 thru 5 of the Frost/ icecream part and finshed off. The I join a sauce color with a sc to any st from Rnd 5 and from there started doing spike sts. Here’s a diagram on how to do a spike st located: here.

I did the spike sts for Rnd 6 only making sure I had my extra sc. (make sure you stitch count is 29 sts this rnd.
Then I followed the directions Rnds 7 thru 10 (or 9) of the Frosting/ Icecream part the rest of the way.

Enjoy!!!!!!!!

Copyright to Amelia Beebe AKA champygirl December 5, 2008, 2008. Do not claim this pattern as your own and do not sell the pattern. Do not copy and paste pattern to another website, please use a link. You can do whatever you want with the finish item you make. You can sell the finish item, or make it for charity, or make it as a gift. Whatever floats your boat. If you do sell the item online, do not use my photo, make your own and take a picture of that.

• 1 month later...
:ty for sharing your patterns. They are so cute.:tup At the rate I'm going in finding cute things to crochet:crocheting I won't have time for housework. Oh, well no big lose. No housework that is.

• 2 years later...

Remembered this pattern and searched for it. I am so glad that I did! I made several of these for stocking stuffers, changing the cone to a sugar cone ;)

Thank you so much for sharing this pattern!

post-22492-135897707759_thumb.jpg

Archived