Fancy Snowflake and Delicate Lace Snowflake

brendaKbrown

My last two snowflakes went over so well at our family Christmas party that I was aksed to make 2 dozen more! I decided to vary them and so I came up with these two new ones. Sorry there is no picture as I am blind. Feel free to post a picture and to use my patterns, but PLEASE, do not take credit for them. Merry Christmas!

Fancy Snowflake

Size: About 3 inches in diamter.

materials: Size 10 crochet thread; size 7 steel crochet hook; tapestry needle; starching supplies.

Picot: ch3, sl st in 3rd ch from hook.

Ch6, join with sl st in first ch to form a ring.

Rnd 1: ch6 (counts as first dc and ch3), (dc in ring, ch3) 5 times, join with sl st in 3rd ch of beg ch6: 6 ch3 sps.

Rnd 2: Ch1, * (sc, dc, ch3, dc, sc) in nt ch3 sp, ch1; rep from * around, join with sl st in first sc.

Rnd 3: Ch1, sc in joining, * ch2, dc in nt dc, ch2, (tr, ch2, tr) in nt ch3 sp, ch2, dc in nt dc, ch2, sc in nt sc, ch1, ** sc in nt sc; rep from * around, ending at **, join with sl st in first sc.

Rnd 4: Ch1, sc in joining, * ch3, sc in nt dc, ch3, sc in nt tr, ch2, (sc, picot, sc) in nt ch2 sp, ch2, sc in tr, ch3, sc in nt dc, ch3, sc in nt sc, ch3 **, sc in nt sc; rep from * around ending at **, join with sl st in first sc. Fasten off and weave in ends. Starch.

Delicate lace Snowflakes

Size: About 3 inches in diameter.

Materials: Size 10 crochet thread; size 7 steel crochet hook; tapestry needle; starching supplies.

Double Treble Crochet (dtr): Yo 3 times, insert hook in nt st or sp, yo and draw lp through, (yo, draw through 2 lps on hook) 3 times.

Ch8, join with sl st in first ch too form a ring.

Rnd 1: Ch1, 12 sc in ring, join with sl st in first sc.

Rnd 2: Ch4, * tr in nt sc, ch4, ** sl st in nt sc, ch4; rep from * around, ending at **, join with sl st in first sl st.

Rnd 3: Ch6 (counts as first tr and ch2), * (sc, ch4, sc) in nt tr, ch2, tr in nt sl st, ch2; rep from * around, join with sl st in 4th ch of beg ch6.

Rnd 4: ch1, sc in joining, * ch2, dc in nt sc, ch2, (tr, ch1, dtr, ch1, tr) in nt ch4 sp, ch2, dc in nt sc, ch2 **, sc in nt tr; rep from * around, ending at **, join with sl st in first sc.

Note: On Rnd 5, skip all ch sps and work only in the stitches.

Rnd 5: ch1, (sc, ch3, sc) in joining, * ch1, (sc, ch3, sc) in nt st; rep from * around, ch1, join with sl st in first sc. Fasten off and weave in ends. Starch.

I just had to make these. I'm posting a picture because they turned out so pretty! Thanks for the patterns.

100_23542.jpg

The left one is the fancy snowflake and the right one is the delicate snowflake. I love them and they were so easy!

Sorry picture is so big. I've tried to fix it but this was the best I could do.

I just had to make these. I'm posting a picture because they turned out so pretty! Thanks for the patterns.

100_23542.jpg

The left one is the fancy snowflake and the right one is the delicate snowflake. I love them and they were so easy!

Sorry picture is so big. I've tried to fix it but this was the best I could do.

:clapthose look very pretty! your pictures arent that big :lol

You guys have kept those hooks flying! Thanks for posting pictures. You handicapped people in the "sighted" world do depend on them! Just joking. Thanks for your wonderful comments. They say that necessity is the mother of invention and that's what happened with these. I all ready have eight of the fancy flakes and almost 4 of the delicate lace ones done. I designed the fancy flakes yesterday and the delicate ones this afternoon. Well happy crocheting!

Brenda,

Thanks for the patterns. The snowflakes are just beautiful and I will be making them for christmas. Thanks to the ladies who were so quick to complete the snowflakes and post the pictures for all of us "sighted" handicappers! (hee hee hee hee). I really like that Brenda, that was a great one!!!

TLOL,

Toni

• 2 months later...

Archived