Sugar'nCream

crochetfun

I got some Sugar'n Cream at a dollar store (cheap).

Since I have never used it I'd like to ask those of you who have had experience with this yarn, what to use it for/what NOT to use it for. Thanks for your help as always:)

(should it be used for wearables or should I stick to things like kitchen items, bags, etc.?)

It would be nice for about anything wearable. I love cotton threads. Scarves, poncho, shawl, etc... or potholders, dishcloths, etc.

Wish I could run across a sale at a dollar store on yarn. Congrats on that!:cheer

Thanks for your quick reply. I am itching to use it.

As far as bargains: I have a dollar store near me which carries yarn. They have a fair selection of Dynasty, some Handicrafter cotton (only 2-3 colours), and from time to time odd things. Last week it was a couple of mint coloured Cottontots. (I would have liked more) This week it was 4-5 different coloured sugar'n cream. That is why I am asking. I did not want to get much if it's not good to use.

The cotton is *awesome* for dishcloths and towels. Make a couple extra to use to wash your car--the cotton won't scratch the paint. I imagine some stuffed toys could work up well in it, too.

I use it mainly for dishrags but have done scrunchies, booties, etc with it. My best friend made 2 baby outfits with it and they came out beautiful. She felt the cotton would hold up better to frequent washings and be much cooler.

Sugar N Cream is worsted weight cotton so it works well for pot holders, hot pads, scrunchies, wash cloths, coaster, snowflakes, tops, bottoms. Hahahah pretty much anything! Check out the Lily website, they have some free patterns for Sugar N Cream. I am a SNC addict!!!!

Archived