Help for a newbie mistake?

goldi316

Question

Hi folks, I'm hoping someone has some experience that might be able to advise for a newbie error my daughter made on her first project, an afghan. She made it out of Homespun, double-stranded and it turned out beautifully, but she had lots of tails to weave in. I explained the process to her and she successfully got that chore done, except for one area - the tail at the start of her project. I know she's kicking herself, and is quite worried about this, which is why I'm posting this request at her insistence. You see, she knotted the two strands of the tail together, and then just cut it off rather than weaving it in. Whoops! :eek:blush

I've told her to go ahead and wash the afghan, so we can see if the knot will hold as is. But is there any way to recover from an error like this one, in case it doesn't? And how would one go about repairing it if that happens?

You can see a couple of pics of her afghan just prior to finishing here.

Any and all suggestions welcomed with our sincerest gratitude!

5 answers to this question

Good luck I sure hope it holds :xfin That was the first lesson I learned in crochet that stuck hard I made a beautiful granny square afghan for my daughter and I didn't weve in long ends and it tore all apart :eek

Archived