Teaching my Husband to Crochet

So I began teaching my husband to crochet last night. He has the slip knot down and was working on chains last night. When he was ready to "go back the other way" he discovered that his chains were too tight to make scs into. I think tonight he is going to continue practicing chains but work on making them a little looser.

I've recruited another crochet addict! :)

I have tried several times to get mine to learn but no such luck he loves what I do but tells me its a lot of knots lol

lol Mine says the same thing. I mentioned it tonight and he looked at me with a big grin and said "You can teach me, but I won't learn." Ah well... as long as he buys me yarn, patterns, hooks, etc. it's all good. lol

Thanks for all the encouragement!

He actually asked me to teach him...He just turned to me the other night and said, "Do you have more than one of those things? (hooks) I want you to teach me how." I started him off with a J hook and his solution for making his chains all the same size was to make them really, really tiny. He could not get an H hook to fit in to make scs. So he said he will work on loosening up his chains.

Ahhh, I love him!

Archived