Need Ideas for this yarn.....

If you want a blanket, I'd go with a round ripple. That way you don't have to worry about how big to make your beginning chain to achieve a rectangle and use only the yarn you have. You just go around until you're out of yarn!

Maybe you could alternate the hot pink with another color - white, for example.

I'd guess you could make a complete baby set with that. Sweater or bunting or dress, hat, booties, mittens, and blankie!

Or if you want to use it for yourself personally, I'm sure you'd have enough yarn for a sweater, shrug, or shawl. It'd probably have more drape than regular worsted weight yarn.

If you find a black yarn that matches you could really make the pink pop, or if you use the white yarn of the same type you could tone it down a bit. So many choices!! :)

You really love the yarn? It's super soft and you like touching it? Make yourself a hooded scarf and a pair of slippers. You should have plenty for that. You might even have enough for a pair of mittens! Every once in a while, we should make something purely for ourselves, out of a yarn we really love. Make something practical and fun at the same time!

Doesn't have to be just for baby I have made sweaters in our sizes with that very yarn and color, any pattern that calls for a sports weight or 3 yarn . Works up beautiful displays the stitches and with your five balls you have 25ozs

Doesn't have to be just for baby I have made sweaters in our sizes with that very yarn and color, any pattern that calls for a sports weight or 3 yarn . Works up beautiful displays the stitches and with your five balls you have 25ozs

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lolI never even considered making something for babies. lol always was thinking of what I could make me, since i love this yarn.:hook:hook

I am think a RR in black whit ans hot pink, just need to save up the extra moeny for softee baby in black and white, since it wasnt on sale.

Lion Brand makes a black in Baby Soft, for me it is hard to find in the stores, I found it once at Joann's and haven't seen it the store again, but you can order it online at their site

I found caron simply soft in black, and I will use that......

then I will put just a few rows of white in there....and then the pink. :)

Any ideas on placement? I have 5 skiens of softee baby in pink, 3 skiens of the caron in black (5 oz each) Then I hae about a pound of softee baby in White left over.

So how do you all usually figure out when to switch colors??????

Archived