Hey, you guys, I want your opinion.......

lisalu

I'm going to tell you a scenario, then I want your opinion. I'll tell you why I want your opinion after I get a few answers. I just want to see what responses everyone comes up with.

A while back I was on another knitting forum and a member put forth the following question: (I am not making this up!)

"Where can I find a pattern for a white cardigan? I've looked everywhere and all I can find are off-white or other colors. I really want to make a white cardigan, can anyone help me find a pattern?"

Okay, what response do you have to this?

I think there are two options: either the person is just very naive and doesn't realize you don't have to use the exact yarn shown in a pattern OR the person is a forum troublemaker and wants to cause a ruckus if someone posts a somewhat snarky response.

I am giving the benifit of the doubt here and say this person may be the type that can not see beyond the pattern. I have a friend, who will not buy a pattern, if she does not like the color it is made in.

I would try and tell this person, nicely, that she should choose the patten she likes, then buy the yarn in white.

Of course it could be a trouble maker, a blond moment or even a "here's your sign" moment.:lol

First of all, I know she wasn't a troublemaker. She had been posting there for a while (mostly questions, a new knitter). No offense to any blondes here, but this was like a bad blonde joke.

I guess I rather unkindly asked, "is this a joke?" because I assumed it was......really! A couple of other people wondered the same thing. Then instead of saying, "Oh, what was I thinking, I had a blonde moment", she got all upset and wanted to know why we didn't take her question seriously like we take everyone else's questions seriously.

She STILL didn't get it!!!

But I just wanted to get your opinions to see if it was as obvious to everyone else as it was to me. Maybe I should have given her the benefit of the doubt, but I just couldn't understand how anyone could be so BLONDE!

Archived