UK Scarf

Need your help. My nephew is a huge UK Wildcats fan and I wanted to make him a scarf for Christmas. He is 12 yrs old. Do you know of any free patterns? If I have to I will pay for the pattern, but I would really like to start it soon. Thanks for your help in advance. :crocheting:manyheart:hook

Hi, I searched for a specific pattern but couldn't locate one, have you considered just alternating rows of uk's colors, and making a striped scarf. I did that for my dd when she was in high school, her school colors were baby blue, and gray. So I just chained the width I wanted and did so many rows of blue, then switched yarns and did so many rows of gray until it was the length I wanted. She loved it.(I think uk colors are blue and white aren't theY?) When I made my dd scarf other kids wanted one to. I added fringe to hers. I hope this helps or that someone else can find you a specific pattern;)

A popular scarf pattern here is to have the colors run the length of the scarf. (ie, Chain 150 in one color to half the width of the scarf, change to the other color and complete the same number of rows as the first half.)

I thought of the two colors and that is probably how I will have to make it. I was looking for a solid one with UK on the ends. Maybe I could make it solid and cross stitch UK on the ends. What do you think? :think

I made scarves for the UK mascots( CAT and Scratch) last year and cross stitched thier autographs on them. I just alternated colors every few rows. I have a couple pictures I will try to find and post them.

Wow - sounds like some awesome scarves. Yes I would like to see them. You are great! Have a great day.

How about your idea of the two long stripes of the blue and white and use the Baby's ABC Afghan pattern to put a U on one end and a K on the other end?

Here's the pattern if you need it for the puff stitch letters: ABC's

Thinking you could make it solid color then put the letters hangin down from the bottom using this pattern just make them bigger it shouldnt be that hard since it is a U and K with the other color.

http://www.learn-how-to-crochet.com/baby-blanket-personalized.html but this in UK terms there is a conversion chart on the page too

How about your idea of the two long stripes of the blue and white and use the Baby's ABC Afghan pattern to put a U on one end and a K on the other end?

Here's the pattern if you need it for the puff stitch letters: ABC's

Thank you so much for this Idea...Yes I believe I will try this. I appreciate it. I apologize for taking so long to reply but I have been so busy.. Again Thanks.

How about doing a popcorn stitch. You would have to graph it out so you could count the stitches but it would work.

angelsmith52--this is also another great ideal. I appreciate you all so very mcuh. I nephew will love these ideas. Not sure which one I will use yet. I guess it will be a surprize when you see it posted. Thanks:cheer

Archived