AA "Whimsical Pot Holders" gggrrrrr

StitchinCindi

A dear friend of mine bought me the book from Annie's Attic called "Whimsical Pot Holders". See it here:

http://www.anniesattic.com/detail.html?prod_id=21929

Well, I wanted to do some, so contacted their customer service to find the different parts, like the cat whiskers and the "Koala Bear Claws" for the cat and the bears. Don't you know that they don't carry these things? They are publishing this book and it is NEW, but they don't even know where the parts came from.

Our local Michael's and Hobby Lobby neither one carries the claws. I was told they had the whiskers, but not like the ones in the book.

I even looked on ebay and can't find the claws, and not sure the whiskers are the right ones, either.

Do you blame me for being upset? How can new books be published, but the company not know how to get the assorted items, or even IF they can be gotten?????

It's not a new book... it's been around for a while. You might try looking on craftsetc.com for the parts you need. Thier prices are reasonable and shipping is free if you spend $25 or more...

Edit: You could also try fabricating your own from polymer clay... just a thought.

That's too bad. At least most magazines that have crafts, or room decor ideas, usually have a shopping guide section that gives you a manufacturer so you can track it down.

Hair combs for bear claws is a great idea (I didn't see claws on the cat?). They would also would look fine out of felt, or maybe even crocheted (maybe out of black #10 thread to give them more definition).

Archived